I predominantly deal with cases involving disrepair, possession & homelessness. I enjoy dealing with human rights issues and assisting the under privileged, particularly where this involves challenging decisions of local authorities. I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in March 2009.
I am also recommended in the Legal 500.
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2003
- Legal Practice Course, University of the West of England, Bristol (1999-2000)
- LLB Law, University of Bristol (1996-1999)
- Siddiq has extensive experience of family law and general civil litigation but has specialised in Housing Law since 2006.
- He has previously set up and run his own housing department within Lawrence Lupin solicitors and was subsequently supervisor and team leader of the Housing Department at Duncan Lewis Solicitors.
- He has published a number of articles in a number of Housing publications including Inside Housing, Public Service, Housing News and 24 Housing.
- “Very happy with the service I received. I will recommend you to all my neighbours.” Rita Cobb
- “You’re the most professional lawyer I’ve ever met. From start to finish, you’ve been top class, and you’re the best” Marc Gallarotti
- “Giving feedback and explanation was fantastic.”
- “Very professional and caring.”
- “Felt very comfortable you are very personal and you are very honest with your clients.”
- “Prompt work straight away keeping me informed about everything.“
- “Felt our case was well handled and that the lawyer cared about it.“
Membership & Appointments
- Housing Lawyers Practitioners Association
Outside of work, I have a keen interest in fitness and nutrition and enjoy training at the gym, running, playing tennis and cycling. I also engage in voluntary work for a number of different charities. I have a passion for travelling to different parts of the world and experiencing new cultures, studying ancient civilizations and photographing wildlife. I am an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction. I also speak fluent Urdu and basic conversational French and Arabic.
I am an active member of the LPC Mentoring scheme, helping law students with their problems and assisting them in progressing their legal careers. I have also been involved with the HJA football team, HJA Green Team, working to make the firm more environmentally friendly, the HJA Employee Forum, raising concerns and suggestions from the firm’s employees with management, as well as the HJA Social Committee.