I predominantly deal with cases involving disrepair, possession & homelessness. I enjoy dealing with human rights issues and assisting the under privileged, particularly where this involves challenging decisions of local authorities. I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in March 2009.
I am also recommended in the Legal 500.
- Legal Practice Course, University of the West of England, Bristol (1999-2000)
- LLB Law, University of Bristol (1996-1999)
- Siddiq has extensive experience of family law and general civil litigation but has specialised in Housing Law since 2006.
- He has previously set up and run his own housing department within Lawrence Lupin solicitors and was subsequently supervisor and team leader of the Housing Department at Duncan Lewis Solicitors.
- He has published a number of articles in a number of Housing publications including Inside Housing, Public Service, Housing News and 24 Housing.
- “You’re the most professional lawyer I’ve ever met. From start to finish, you’ve been top class, and you’re the best” Marc Gallarotti
- “Giving feedback and explanation was fantastic.”
- “Very professional and caring.”
- “Felt very comfortable you are very personal and you are very honest with your clients.”
- “Prompt work straight away keeping me informed about everything.“
- “Felt our case was well handled and that the lawyer cared about it.“
Membership & Appointments
- Housing Lawyers Practitioners Association
Outside of work, I practice kendo (the art of the sword) and have taken part in competitions with my club. I have also graded in a number of martial arts including karate, tae kwon do and kung fu. I enjoy training at the gym and run in charity races to raise money for worthy causes.
I am also active within the firm, playing football for the HJA team and I am an active member of the LPC Mentoring scheme, helping law students with their problems and assisting them in progressing their legal careers. I have also been involved with the HJA Green Team, working to make the firm more environmentally friendly, the HJA Employee Forum, raising concerns and suggestions from the firm’s employees with management, as well as the HJA Social Committee.
I also like travelling and experiencing new cultures, and speak fluent Urdu and basic conversational French and Arabic.