About Siddiq Fazaluddin
Siddiq predominantly deals with cases involving disrepair, possession & homelessness. He enjoys dealing with human rights issues and assisting the under privileged, particularly where this involves challenging decisions of local authorities. He joined Hodge Jones & Allen in March 2009. He is also recommended in the Legal 500.
"Thank you for all your help and patience during the very difficult time I encountered. You are really making a positive difference in this world."
- Octavia HA v Costello – I acted for a deaf lady who suffered depression due to trauma and bereavement. The landlord, Octavia Housing Association, issued injunction proceedings due to the dogs barking excessively, after repeated complaints of noise nuisance from her neighbour. I argued the case under the Equality Act 2010, namely that the landlord, Octavia Housing Association, had not taken account of my client’s disability by failing to make reasonable adjustments in the form of sound proofing with additional carpeting, underlay and inner partition walls. Octavia made the requested adjustments to the property.
"From start to finish, you’ve been top class."
- “I’ve never forgotten how brilliant you’re taking on Camden Council for me; as Camden seem to take advantage of the weak and vulnerable people like me which is very sad….you’re a world class lawyer and you deserve the best.” – Marc Gallarotti
- “You are doing an amazing job with my social housing disrepair issue, you have a fantastic team – keep up the good work! Hodge, Jones and Allen are helping me to sort out this damp issue – water coming up through a poorly constructed concrete floor. I highly recommend HJA to anyone.”
- “Thank you for all your help and patience during the very difficult time I encountered. You are really making a positive difference in this world and I really appreciate all you and your team did for me.” – Rhoda Duah
- “You’re the most professional lawyer I’ve ever met. From start to finish, you’ve been top class, and you’re the best” – Marc Gallarotti
“Excellent can’t thank them enough for preventing myself and my daughter from being evicted by our housing association; would recommend them to anybody else going through repossession. Without them, we would be homeless right now. Thank you so much Siddiq Fazaluddin, we are forever in your debt, your guidance and support throughout this ordeal was excellent and gave us hope when it seemed all was against us. Not forgetting our Barrister Imogen and assistant Declan. Thank you so much for such a great job.”
“I have used the service 5 years ago and I wouldn’t go back to anyone else. They are the best in town. I would highly recommend them.”
“I am rating the excellent service we have received from Hodge Jones & Allen through the last year, especially our Lawyer Mr Siddiq.”
“Siddiq, was brilliant dealing with our disrepair case. He took the time to answer our questions and would always be in regular contact regarding updates. He was fast and efficient and helped reach the best outcome for our case. Would highly recommend.”
“Your assistance with my case has been invaluable in resolving my disrepair matter and I truly believe that without your firms assistance, I would never been able to resolve this on my own as I had struggled for months despite quoting the law and their breaches. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all that you have done on a personal level and may you continue to help other like me in similar situations.” – Rima Attar
“[I was] represented by Siddiq. He helped me with a housing issue. Not only once but twice. He called me right away with any update, and made sure I was there for court. This [firm] is top recommended to use.”
“Thank you so much for your help. Your effort and assistance with our case as well as winning it shows your high level of expertise and knowledge in your legal field. The service we have received has always been very responsive and of a high quality. It have been a pleasure to work with. I would like to thank you for your assistance in this matter. You have been very pleasant, courteous and helpful in your dealings with me and, of course, I would definitely recommend you to anyone else.” – Hind Rokhsi-Suleman
“First of all, I would like to thank you, such professional and helpful company. I especially thank my lawyer Mr Siddiq Fazaluddin. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. Again thank you very much for your help and kinds.” – Mrs H Abdo
“Very helpful and understanding. Great attention to detail. Kept us informed. Thoroughly recommend.”
“Great Customer Care. Follow up on every aspect of my case. Very good communication. Recommend!!!”
“Felt our case was well handled and that the lawyer cared about it.”
“Prompt work straight away keeping me informed about everything.”
“Felt very comfortable you are very personal and you are very honest with your clients.”
“Excellent service. Handled my case very well and a positive outcome. A very big thanks to all the staff and especially Siddiq Fazaluddin.”
“Very happy with the service I received. I will recommend you to all my neighbours.” – Rita Cobb
“Siddiq was so helpful. Explained everything in detail and anything I didn’t understand he talked me through it all. Very prompt at keeping me up to date. Excellent communication. Overall experience was fantastic. Would definitely use the same solicitor if needed again.”
Memberships & Appointments
- Housing Lawyers Practitioners Association
"Thank you so much for your help. Your effort and assistance with our case as well as winning it shows your high level of expertise and knowledge in your legal field."
Career & Personal Interests
- Siddiq has extensive experience of family law and general civil litigation but has specialised in Housing Law since 2006.
- He has previously set up and run his own housing department within Lawrence Lupin solicitors and was subsequently supervisor and team leader of the Housing Department at Duncan Lewis Solicitors.
- He has published a number of articles in a number of Housing publications including Inside Housing, Public Service, Housing News and 24 Housing.
- Diploma in Personal Performance Life Coaching, The Coaching Academy (2018-2019)
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2003
- Legal Practice Course, University of the West of England, Bristol (1999-2000)
- LLB Law, University of Bristol (1996-1999)
Outside of work, he has a keen interest in fitness and nutrition and enjoys training at the gym, running, swimming, cycling and tennis. He also engages in voluntary work for a number of different charities.
He has a passion for travelling to different parts of the world and experiencing new cultures, studying ancient civilizations and photographing wildlife. He is an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction.
He also speaks fluent Urdu and basic conversational French and is learning to speak Arabic and Spanish. Siddiq is also an accredited life coach and is passionate about working with individuals and organisations in overcoming difficulties in order to achieve their goals.