Shabnam is a Solicitor with the firm in the Housing & Property department.
She is a First Class Honors LLB Graduate and has achieved a Distinction from the University of Law on the Legal Practice Course, LLM (LPC LLM).
Shabnam joined Hodge Jones & Allen in November 2018 to complete the final seat of her training contract. Prior to this, She was at her previous firm for 3 years whereby she was a volunteer, paralegal and later a Trainee Solicitor.
Shabnam has extensive experience having practised in Housing and Property for several years and her caseload includes a wide range of areas to include, homelessness, unlawful evictions, disrepair, landlord and tenant disputes, reviews of local authority decisions and possession cases. This involves experience in assisting both Legal Aid and private clients.
Shabnam also has experience in handling various commercial and residential property matters to include conveyancing and property disputes.
She has attended court hearings at various County Courts assisting solicitors and barristers, and has often advocated independently on Possession matters.
Her particular interest is in assisting vulnerable clients who are less able to voice their concerns in achieving a desirable and just outcome.
- Masters in Law – Distinction – University of Law Bloomsbury 2017- 2018
- Legal Practice Course – Distinction – University of Law Bloomsbury 2017-2018
- Law LLB (Hons) 1st Class Honors – University of Hertfordshire 2014-2017
- Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, June 2019 – present
- Trainee Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, November 2018 – May 2019
- Trainee Solicitor at SSP Law, May 2017 – November 2018
- Paralegal at SSP Law, October 2015 – May 2017
- Legal Assistant at Kingfields Solicitors, February 2015 – March 2015
- “I came to Hodge Jones & Allen regarding a housing issue. We were moved quiet far by the council. Shabnam worked so hard for me and my family. I can’t thank her and her team enough. So professional and so fast at everything. The best team. The council overturned their decision and moved us back to where we were. I would highly recommend HJA to anyone. Thanks”
- “Thank you so much Shabnam Shekarian for fighting my case till successfully won the case. I’m very delighted and over the moon. God bless you all the way Amen! Agel Acien. “
- “I instructed Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors to help me with housing review case. They were friendly and professional both Rishi and Shabnam. My solicitor who won the case was Shabnam Shekarian and she knows everything worth knowing about housing law. She won my case after proved my Local Authority wrong! She followed my instructions as discussed and offered me the best legal advise ever! Would highly recommend. A***”
- “What can I say other than Wow. Shabnàm and her team are a life saver. Rishi was the one who first took on my case. He was a professional and a good listener but later on he transferred my case to Shabnàm and I was worried about a new person taking on the case so I put forward some questions to Rishi whom then told me that he has TOTAL CONFIDENCE AND RESPECT for SHABNÀM. Reluctantly I accepted and in the end she delivered. HODGE JONES & ALLEN team are SIMPLY THE BEST. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS HOUSING JOURNEY LONG BEFORE THEY TOOK MY ON. Their level of professionalism is second to none. Thank you Shabnàm and thanks Rishi Joshi.”
Shabnam is a travel enthusiast who loves to explore various countries and cultures. Shabnam is also involved in mentoring schemes with students who are entering the Legal Profession and has a particular interest in providing guidance for those entering the profession. Shabnam is keen to stay fit and regularly attends yoga and Zumba classes.
- English (Fluent)
- Farsi (Fluent)
- French (Elementary)