I am a Trainee Solicitor with the firm in the Housing & Property department. I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in November 2018 to complete the final seat of my training contract and I am due to qualify as a solicitor in May 2019.
Prior to this, I was at my previous firm for 3 years whereby I was initially a volunteer, a paralegal and later offered a training contract which commenced in May 2017.
I am a First Class Honors LLB Graduate and have recently achieved a Distinction from the University of Law on the Legal Practice Course, LLM (LPC LLM).
I have experience in assisting solicitors and partners in addition to having my own independent caseload in relation to a wide range of areas in property and housing law. I have also dealt with various conveyancing matters relating to both residential and commercial conveyancing. This involves experience in assisting both legal aid and private clients.
I have extensive experience in handling various housing matters to include, homelessness, unlawful evictions, disrepair, landlord and tenant disputes, reviews of local authority decisions and possession cases.
I frequently attended court hearings at various County Courts assisting solicitors and barristers, which I have found extremely beneficial and insightful.
- Masters in Law – Distinction – University of Law Bloomsbury 2017- 2018
- Legal Practice Course – Distinction – University of Law Bloomsbury 2017-2018
- Law LLB (Hons) 1st Class Honors – University of Hertfordshire 2014-2017
- Trainee Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, November 2018 – Present
- Trainee Solicitor at SSP Law, May 2017 – November 2018
- Paralegal at SSP Law, October 2015 – May 2017
- Legal Assistant at Kingfields Solicitors, February 2015 – March 2015
- “I instructed Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors to help me with housing review case. They were friendly and professional both Rishi and Shabnam. My solicitor who won the case was Shabnam Shekarian and she knows everything worth knowing about housing law. She won my case after proved my Local Authority wrong! She followed my instructions as discussed and offered me the best legal advise ever! Would highly recommend. A***”
- “What can I say other than Wow. Shabnàm and her team are a life saver. Rishi was the one who first took on my case. He was a professional and a good listener but later on he transferred my case to Shabnàm and I was worried about a new person taking on the case so I put forward some questions to Rishi whom then told me that he has TOTAL CONFIDENCE AND RESPECT for SHABNÀM. Reluctantly I accepted and in the end she delivered. HODGE JONES & ALLEN team are SIMPLY THE BEST. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS HOUSING JOURNEY LONG BEFORE THEY TOOK MY ON. Their level of professionalism is second to none. Thank you Shabnàm and thanks Rishi Joshi.”
I am a travel enthusiast who loves to explore different countries and cultures. I have been involved in organising yoga and zumba classes at university as I believe a healthy body is the key to a healthy and stress-free mind. I also regularly attend the gym to ensure I keep fit.
- English (Fluent)
- Farsi (Fluent)
- French (Elementary)