About Sarah Harding
Sarah is a Partner in the Family team, having joined the firm in May 2020.
Sarah specialises in all aspects of family law with a particular emphasis on divorce and financial cases which often have a complex aspect to them such as cases involving foreign assets, trusts, corporate issues or third party disputes (intervenor claims). She also has significant experience in claims involving unmarried couples and cases involving claims for children pursuant to Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
In addition to financial claims, she also regularly advises clients in relation to child arrangement disputes, often involving complex issues and allegations. These cases can often be very challenging for clients emotionally and Sarah appreciates the need to deal with them discreetly and sensitively.
Sarah deals with cases at all levels from the High Court to the Magistrates Court.
Sarah’s support and unerring level of professionalism really did provide me with a level of confidence and a direction that eventually achieved an outcome that both parties were able to agree to.
- Sarah was shortlisted in the Jordan’s Family Law Awards for Legal Executive of the Year in 2013.
- Sarah dealt with the reported case of R-v-R  EWHC 2390 (fam), a case involving gross assets of £13M, contributions, liquidity and insolvency issues.
- Sarah acted for the husband in a financial remedy and children act case involving 20 properties, three separate businesses (one of which was largely cash based) and other assets in India. The case involved significant family involvement and cultural issues including various allegations of harm by each party. Although the case was initially highly acrimonious, it was resolved by agreement with the parties retaining a parental relationship for the benefit of their child.
- Sarah acted for the husband in divorce proceedings containing two separate sets of intervenor proceedings within which her client successfully defended an application relating to a secret trust and application for permission to appeal.
- Sarah assisted in advising a client with assets over £150M in relation to a post nuptial agreement.
- “Having received a recommendation from a colleague; Sarah H. was totally re-assuring from the introduction consultation and continued to assist and advise throughout the process. The experience and knowledge of various approaches was invaluable. Would highly recommend.” MJA
I would like to thank Sarah Harding from HJA for her help and support, during what was a very emotive and difficult time, dealing with a family matter. Sarah's support and unerring level of professionalism, really did provide me with a level of confidence and a direction that eventually achieved an outcome that both parties were able to agree to. I am confident that if any more matters arise in the future, that require professional expertise from a legal perspective I would reach out to HJA again. Thanks once again Sarah.
Memberships & Appointments
- Chair of the London CILEx Branch – a network of London lawyers at all stages of their career.
- Resolution – An organisation of lawyers committed to the non-adversarial approach.
Career & Education
- 2020 – to date – Hodge, Jones & Allen Solicitors (Partner)
- 2018 -2020 – BP Collins LLP (Senior Associate)
- 2015 – 2018 – BP Collins LLP (Associate)
- 2010 – 2015 – Silk Family Law (Chartered Legal Executive)
- 2001-2009 – Dickinson Dees LLP (Paralegal/Legal Executive)
- Regularly invited to Colleges and Universities to talk about a career in law (often with other legal professionals).
- Invited to talk to Bloomsbury Institute on behalf of CILEx alongside Lord Neuberger in April 2019.
- CILEx Law School – qualified as a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2010.