I joined Hodge Jones & Allen LLP in July 2010. I specialise in public law children work, representing parents and other family members following the involvement of social services with their family. I am a member of the Law Society’s Children Panel and am regularly appointed to represent children in the Family Courts. I act for Children’s Guardians and am also instructed directly by children who have the capacity to do so.
I have acted in complex cases involving non-accidental injuries. I have particular expertise representing parents and children in care proceedings involving a wide range of issues such as sexual abuse, domestic violence, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health difficulties and learning difficulties. I have also been regularly instructed by the Official Solicitor in cases where a party lacks the capacity to conduct litigation. I have also acted in proceedings where the Local Authority has applied for a young person to be placed in Secure Accommodation.
In addition to public law children work, I also advise on private law contact and residence matters.
- College of Law, Guildford, LPC (2002)
- University of Reading, LLB 2:1 (Hons) (2001)
- Hodge Jones & Allen LLP (2010)
- Steel & Shamash Solicitors (2006-10)
- Admitted as a Solicitor, (September 2006)
- Trainee, Steel & Shamash Solicitors (2004-06)
- “Sara supported me throughout my time in the family court without judgment.”
Membership & Appointments
- The Law Society Children Panel
- Association of Lawyers for Children (ALC)
I regularly go to the theatre and to gigs. I also enjoy travelling, cinema and reading.