I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2018 and have previous experience in the housing sector, where my work has ranged from providing front-line housing advice to assisting clients into settled accommodation. I am passionate about access to justice having worked both with clients who have suffered injustices at the hands of local authorities and having experienced the bureaucratic pressures of working in the public sector itself.
- Legal Practice Course – University of Law (2016 – present)
- BA Law & Politics – Queen Mary University of London (2010- 2014)
- Paralegal, Housing – Hodge, Jones & Allen (2018)
- Homeless Support Officer – London Borough of Islington (2015 – 2018)
- Homelessness Caseworker – London Borough of Havering (2014-2015)
- “I had such a pleasant experience with these solicitors. They kept me fully informed and up to date on everything that went on with my case. My solicitor was absolutely lovely, kind, polite and understanding. I couldn’t have asked for anyone better to represent me. 100% recommend to anyone.”
- “My situation. Homeless for three years after working and holding my life together just. 2 years sobriety, lost job became homeless. Lost pretty much all of my family friends and self respect. 4 suicide attempts, 6 stays in mental health facilities, leaving two hostels after physical attack and rejection by consistent long term mental health services as they are so stretched by lack of funding they cannot take on anyone without stable accommodation. Lied to by my local authority even when they had all the documentation necessary by legal advisor specialising in housing from the Charity Release. 3 years homeless, 1,295 days of being refused and experiencing the above. I spoke with Ms Routa Mansi to arrange us meeting and her to explain what documents Hodge Jones & Allen would require to pursue my case. 15 days later I had a self contained studio flat which I now am using to build my life up whilst the rest of application is processed with support from Ms Mansi and the expert team at Hodge Jones & Allen. Ms Mansi’s care, due diligence and clear knowledge put all me fears aside to hold on. 1,295 days divided by 15 days times 100 equals 1.16 %. Therefore it is clear and simple to see that I had I met Ms Mansi 3 years ago by now I could be back at work and living a fulfilling life with recovered and meaningful relationships. I have and would fiercely recommend connecting, seeking and employ HJA on this basis alone.”
- “My first contact with Routa Mansi was shortly after I had been discharged from a crisis house stay. I was admitted after suffering a mental breakdown due to the environment of my temporary accommodation and having being removed from Camden’s Housing list. When I spoke to Routa I was living at England’s Lane Hostel which housed 400 people (on record) and was subjected to constant noise and the smell of drug taking outside of my room. Alongside this I was heavily pregnant and desperately wanted to move but faced being labelled ‘intentionally homeless’ if I did not go back to the hostel. Routa not only ensured that a move was made possible, but had me moved into an annexe housing only families with a maximum of 9 tenants. But also had this happen within a month, and had my permanent moved deferred in order for me to settle and have my baby at my now large studio apartment. Routa acted with haste and extreme compassion of my mental and physical state. I would highly recommend Routa Mansi as she is a credit to the company. I am forever grateful and dread to imagine where I would be if it had not been for the assistance and guidance from Routa.”
- “It was a pleasure to work with Hodge Jones & Allen. You helped me to achieve my goal in a very short amount of time. Thank you so much. I will recommend Hodge Jones Allen to anyone”
- “Absolutely professional and friendly highly recommend. Thanks to all of you.”
I like to keep active and enjoy travelling and exploring new places.