About Routa Mansi
Routa commenced her training contract in September 2020 and completed her first seat in the Criminal Defence department, assisting Ruth Harris, Jessica Davis and Kiran Mehta. Routa primarily assisted on fraud and regulatory matters, as well as a range of general criminal matters.
Routa completed her second seat in the Medical Negligence department under the supervision of Dawn Treloar. Routa assisted on a variety of complex matters including brain and spinal injury claims.
Routa is currently completing the first half of her third seat in the Private Client department. She is working under the supervision of Nicola Waldman and is assisting on Wills, Probate and Trust matters. Routa will return to the Criminal Defence department for the remainder of her seat and will be assisting Gary Monks, Kerry Spence and Sean Caulfield primarily on cases involving violent or sexual offences.
Routa previously worked as a paralegal in the Housing department managing a caseload of homelessness reviews, possession and disrepair. She has previous experience in the public sector, where her work has ranged from providing front-line housing advice to assisting clients into settled accommodation. She is passionate about access to justice having worked both with clients who have suffered injustices at the hands of local authorities, and having experienced the bureaucratic pressures of working in the public sector itself.
"MANY THANKS FOR THE SUPERB SKILLS, EFFICIENCY, PROMPTNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM OF ROUTA MANSI."
- “Many thanks for the superb skills, efficiency, promptness and professionalism of Routa Mansi. I rate this young lady very highly. Your reception team were also simply excellent. No hesitation in recommending HJA to all. Keep up the good work and thank you very much for your help.” Kim Sharif
- “I would highly recommend Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors. Not only did they return my call from my initial query promptly, they expedited my appointment to accommodate my urgent housing issues. Routa Mansi assigned to me was nothing short of an amazing professional who showed me great empathy and went above and beyond to consult, explain and guide me throughout my housing case process. She also showed that she took pride in her work and cared on building client trust and I really appreciated her tenacity and willingness to go above and beyond. Not only did she win my case on fair grounds, she let me know that moral, ethics and doing what’s right and just, still holds true for many.”
- “My first contact with Routa Mansi was shortly after I had been discharged from a crisis house stay. I was admitted after suffering a mental breakdown due to the environment of my temporary accommodation and having being removed from Camden’s Housing list. When I spoke to Routa I was living at England’s Lane Hostel which housed 400 people (on record) and was subjected to constant noise and the smell of drug taking outside of my room. Alongside this I was heavily pregnant and desperately wanted to move but faced being labelled ‘intentionally homeless’ if I did not go back to the hostel. Routa not only ensured that a move was made possible, but had me moved into an annexe housing only families with a maximum of 9 tenants. But also had this happen within a month, and had my permanent moved deferred in order for me to settle and have my baby at my now large studio apartment. Routa acted with haste and extreme compassion of my mental and physical state. I would highly recommend Routa Mansi as she is a credit to the company. I am forever grateful and dread to imagine where I would be if it had not been for the assistance and guidance from Routa.”
Career & Personal Interests
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2020
- Paralegal, Housing, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2018 – 2020
- Homeless Support Officer, London Borough of Islington, 2015 – 2018
- Homelessness Caseworker, London Borough of Havering, 2014 – 2015
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), University of Law, 2016 – 2018
- BA Law & Politics, Queen Mary University of London 2010 – 2014
Routa likes to keep active and enjoys travelling and exploring new places.