I am originally from the West Midlands, growing up in and around Birmingham before moving to London in 2014 to further my career as a criminal defence solicitor.
After obtaining my LLB Law degree and later graduating from the College of Law with a BVC, I was called to the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple. Soon after, I transferred to become a solicitor, fulfilling my lifelong ambition to represent individuals.
I have ten years’ experience within the criminal justice system, ranging from acting as a panel member on the Youth Offenders Board, to working on high profile cases in the Crown Court.
I have enjoyed extensive advocacy training including LAMDA and RADA courses, mooting and debating. This experience has given me the requisite skills to be able to successfully handle all courtroom situations I have encountered.
My recent case history includes match fixing cases, large scale drugs cases, fraud, cybercrime, sexual offences (including indecent images), insider dealing and robbery, among many others.
I take pride in my adaptability, non-judgemental approach and natural intuition with all my cases, which often cover some of the most complex areas of crime. I believe that where others may only see problems, I relish finding solutions.
- R v O- Acted for civil servant at Blackfriars Crown Court after being charged with three counts of rape, ABH and robbery against a sex worker. The case involved extensive preparation of legal argument on the point of evidence of O’s bad character. The Defendant was found not guilty to all three rape counts and ABH.
- R v K and others – Client alleged to have committed the offences of kidnap and robbery. The case was complex due to the use of cell site analysis and covert surveillance operations. The Defendant was found not guilty.
- R v G and others – Client alleged to have conspired to supply heroin after the substance was found in the rear of a vehicle he had been driving. The Defendant was found not guilty.
- R v S and others – Acted for the main Defendant in the high profile match fixing trial, the biggest in the UK for many years. Originally charged with 5 offences but later found guilty of only one, all other charges were dropped.
- R v B – Acted for client at Old Bailey after being charged with two counts of theft in abuse of trust from the Waldorf Hilton Hotel in Aldwych and the Intercontinental Hotel O2. B, employed as a housekeeper in both hotels, had been accused of stealing more than £20,000 from hotel guests including an Indian MP. The Defendant was found not guilty.
- R v X – Acted for client who allegedly conspired to supply class ‘a’ drugs after being found with a number of wraps in a drugs hotspot. The Defendant was found not guilty.
- “I have been very satisfied with how you have worked to build a strong & effective defence . My case was unusual and embarrassing but you made me feel at ease. At no point did I feel that you were judging me. In fact you went to great lengths to make further enquiries on the topic… We were able to have open and honest conversation about a sensitive subject…I think this was key to the success we had in the end.
You consistently did more than most solicitors are expected to do. You were happy to answer a phone call when you were abroad on holiday. This is a relatively small gesture but it was very helpful at that time as I had some urgent questions. You were listening to all my questions and instructions….I was confident my input was actually having an impact on the outcome of my case. I am very happy with what you have done for me and the final outcome.”
- “I believe Hodge Jones an Allen are great solicitors. I have used them on many occasions and they are very helpful and reliable and would recommend them to anybody. I would also like to say that Paris is a great solicitor, he is very easy to get hold of and has dealt with all my cases officially.”
- “Dear Paris, I want to thank you very much for all your hard work you have done on my case. You are a very good person in what you do….. I’ve seen you worked very well on my case. Thank you and it’s great to have you as my lawyer. I wish you great success and good luck.”
- “Thank you very much with all your help and advice throughout the duration of my case. I appreciate the professionalism and being consistent with contact and updating me with the progress of the case. Even though we had a hiccup with my original barrister, you pulled through and found me a great replacement barrister. My family and I are very happy with the verdict and the way the case was handled. Once again Thank you, you’ve been great.”
- “An experienced professional making a difference in society.”
- “Paris proved himself to be very professional and the type of Solicitor to go the extra mile.”
- “Paris was very easy to talk to and made things very clear in a professional manner. I would call upon his services again.”
- “Paris helped me win my case and I am very pleased with what he has offered me, his service was excellent and he was very professional and helped resolve my case in a quick and timely manner.”
Horace Rumpole: Mitigate? “My Lord, my client only went in to buy a seven-penny stamp. But as he was kept waiting by ten old ladies with pension books, he lost his patience and blew the safe.”
Investigative journalism, entrepreneurship, politics, socialising and football.