I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in February 2015 as a solicitor in the private client team.
I deal with all aspects of private client work including Court of Protection matters, personal injury trusts, drafting Wills, obtaining probate and administering estates, drafting trust deeds and advising on powers of attorneys.
I have a particular interest in dealing with elderly clients and their families. I have experience of dealing with elderly clients suffering from dementia, and also of acting for vulnerable children who have a mental disability following a traumatic injury. I manage these individuals’ finances on behalf of their court appointed deputy. I work alongside the vulnerable persons personal injury lawyers during the litigation proceedings and beyond. I understand the complexities of the litigation procedure having worked in personal injury law during my training and post qualification.
I have made a number of applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a deputy and for the approval of statutory wills and I have experience of dealing with the official solicitor acting on behalf of the vulnerable party.
- College of Law, London – Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
- University of Essex – LLB (2:1 Honours)
- Hodge Jones and Allen LLP – Solicitor (February 2015 – Present)
- Edwards Duthie Solicitors – Solicitor (October 2014 – December 2014)
- Edwards Duthie Solicitors – Trainee Solicitor (October 2012 – October 2014)
- Edwards Duthie Solicitors – Paralegal (October 2011 – October 2012)
- Now that all the papers are signed off, we want to thank you for the care, clarity and thoroughness with which you dealt with our requests over our Wills and the LPAs. We very much appreciated your friendly advice and feel that between us we achieved the results we wanted.”
Membership & Appointments
- The Law Society
- Member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Dealing with an elderly client where we have been appointed as deputy who did not have any family in the UK to assist with her care. Raising concerns with the Local Authority in respect of the client living on her own and prompting a deprivation of liberty assessment and best interest decision to be made. Liaising with the family abroad and moving the client into a care home suitable for her needs. Budgeting her financial needs and managing her monies to ensure that she has enough money for life.
- Drafting wills for clients with visual and hearing impairments. Tailoring my communication suitable for their needs and complying with the special requirements to ensure that the wills are executed correctly.
I am a fan of most sports but I particularly enjoy playing netball and watching athletics. I also have a passion for adrenaline activities such as skydiving, white water rafting and abseiling.