I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in June 2015 in the capacity of paralegal to Nigel Richardson.
Maybe unsurprisingly, working under London’s leading sex offences solicitor has nurtured a personal interest in defending allegations of a sexual nature. Having seen first-hand the truly devastating impact investigations of this nature can have on the lives of our clients and their families we have developed a holistic approach to criminal defence.
No one case is the same, but whether it’s a matter of trial or mitigation we work with a tried and tested team of specialists; leading defence barristers, sexual psychologists and forensic specialists to name a few, to increase our chances of achieving the very best outcome.
Whilst we are known for our work in the law surrounding sex, it is not our only area of work. As recently as May, the Crown Prosecution Service was forced to drop charges against our client in a very tragic and highly complex murder case. Nigel and I worked tirelessly also enlisting several specialists in other fields to ensure our client did not have to face what would have been a devastating trial for all involved.
Irrespective of the allegation or charge, we are here to provide guidance and support throughout the entirety of the criminal process and fight to achieve the very best outcome.
- “I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you…You’re a genuine asset to Nigel & the Team at HJA and you certainly bring a ‘professional warmth’ to the whole situation I find myself in. I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
- “Lauren not only helped me legally but personally through undoubtably the most difficult and stressful periods of my life. Her kind and sensitive nature made the whole legal process easier to understand and she was always there for me to call, being able to address and assess any aspect of my case. Never being in a situation like this before it was refreshing to have someone there every step of the way who genuinely cares for her client’s well-being. She is perceptive, intuitive and organised. Using a skilled approach when communicating with the CPS, she kept them on their toes to make sure the case could progress as smoothly as possible. I feel that Lauren went above and beyond the scope of what solicitors do. No request was to big or question too small to answer. I felt safe and comfortable and had complete trust in Lauren’s ability to get the job done. I couldn’t have asked for more dedicated and genuine team working on my case and I am 110% satisfied. Their hard work resulted in my case being dropped before trial giving me my life and my freedom back.”
- “Nigel, I think you have a good deal with Lauren as a paralegal, in that respect I believe many other solicitors are less fortunate.”
- “I am very grateful for your kindness and continued professional support. I am always put to ease having spoken with you”.
- “If you don’t mind my saying so you are a naturally kind person and will make one hell of a defence lawyer!”
- Australian National University, Graduate diploma of Legal Practice, 2013
- University of South Australia, Bachelor of Laws with Honours, 2008 – 2013