About Katherine Brown
Katherine is a trainee at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, she commenced her training contract in September 2019. Katherine completed her first seat in the Employment department under the supervision of Homa Wilson and Susie Al-Qassab. Here she gained experience on a variety of employment issues pertaining to both employers and individuals, including unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, breach of contract, discrimination claims under the Equality Act and whistleblowing.
Katherine’s second seat was in the Housing department under the supervision of Farzana Chowdhury and Sophie Bell. Here, she assisted client’s with bringing claims against their landlord for possession proceedings, disrepair claims, breach of tenancy covenants and claims for failure to provide reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act.
Katherine’s third seat was in the Family department under the supervision of Sarah Harding. Katherine’s final seat is in the firm’s Private Client department under the supervision of Nicola Waldman.
Before joining the firm Katherine worked for several years in project management within the charity and public health sector. She also volunteered for a number of years with the youth justice charity, Just for Kids Law.
Katherine currently volunteers for the Camden Citizen Advice Bureau as well as the Free Representation Unit, where she represents clients in their employment matters.
Career & Personal Interests
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, September 2019 – present
- Project Manager/ PMO Lead, National Health Service (Various), January 2018 – August 2019
- Out of Hours Caseworker, The Marylebone Project, August 2015 – November 2018
- Volunteer Paralegal, Just for Kids Law, October 2015 – August 2017
- Project Officer, UNICEF, September 2015 – December 2017
- Human Rights Lawyer Association
- Legal Practice Course, De Montfort University, 2018
- LLM in Human Rights Law (Distinction), University College London, 2013 – 2014
- Law LLB (hons) (2:1), University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2009 – 2012
Katherine runs competitively for a running club in West London and in her spare time likes to travel and visit art exhibitions and museums.