Katherine is a trainee at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, she commenced her training contract in September 2019. Katherine completed her first seat in the Employment Law department under the supervision of Homa Wilson and Susie A-Qassab. Here she gained experience on a variety of employment issues pertaining to both employers and individuals, including unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, breach of contract, Equality Act claims and whistleblowing.
Katherine is currently working in the Housing department under the supervision of Farzana Chowdhury and Sophie Bell.
Before joining the firm Katherine worked in project management within the charity and public health sector. She also volunteered for a number of years with the youth justice charity, Just for Kids Law, where she worked on several strategic litigation cases including Supreme Court case R v Jogee which revised the law on Joint Enterprise.
Katherine currently volunteers for the Camden Citizen Advice Bureau as well as the Free Representation Unit, where she represent clients on employment law matters.
- De Montfort University – Legal Practice Course, 2016 – 2018 (part time)
- University College London – LLM in Human Rights Law (Distinction), 2013 – 2014
- University of Newcastle upon Tyne – Law LLB (hons) (2:1), 2009 – 2012
- Trainee Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, September 2019 – Present
- Project Manager/ PMO Lead, National Health Service (Various), January 2018 – August 2019
- Out of Hours Caseworker, The Marylebone Project, August 2015 – November 2018
- Volunteer Paralegal, Just for Kids Law, October 2015 – August 2017
- Project Officer, UNICEF, September 2015 – December 2017
Memberships & Appointments
- Human Rights Lawyer Association
Katherine runs competitively for a running club in West London and in her spare time likes to travel and visit art exhibitions and museums.