I joined Hodge Jones & Allen as a Solicitor in September 2017. Working as part of the Private Client team, I specialise in the following areas:-
- All aspects of Court of Protection work
- Personal Injury Trusts
- Preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Trusts and Estate Administration
- Drafting complex Wills
- Inheritance Tax planning
My particular passion and expertise lie with supporting individuals who lack the capacity to make decisions regarding their property and financial affairs. This often includes young children and adults who have suffered complex brain injuries as a result of medical negligence or personal injury. I manage high value damages awards on behalf of my clients to guarantee that their needs are met for the remainder of their life.
To ensure that the client’s finances are managed with their best interests at the core, I will always work closely with my clients, their families, case managers and any other professionals involved in the care of the client.
- Legal Practice Course, University of Law (Moorgate); 2014 – 15
- Law LLB, University of Sunderland; 2011 – 2014
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen (2017 – present)
- Trainee Solicitor, McHale & Co Solicitors (2015 – 2017)
- “I wish to express my sincere thanks to James Berry who is the Solicitor assigned to act on behalf of our family and this he has done over the the past year. From my initial meeting with James and throughout this process I have been so impressed with not only his professionalism but also the empathy which he has shown. James has not been just another Legal Advisor simply carrying out the duties, he has been there for us and we are very grateful. Thank you James and also all at Hodge Jones & Allen, he is a real credit to you.”
- “I wish to express my sincere thanks to James Berry who is the Solicitor assigned to act on behalf of our family and this he has done so for the past year. From my initial meeting with James and throughout this process I have been so impressed with not only his professionalism but also the empathy he has shown. James has not just been another legal advisor simply carrying out the duties, he has been there for us and we are very grateful. Thank you James and also Hodge Jones & Allen, James is a real credit to you.”
- “On behalf of my father and all the family, thank you for all your help. You have been both personable and professional throughout and so easy to work with at what was the end of a long journey! Aside from the legal expertise that James Berry demonstrated, the communication was on point. A breath of fresh air. I am often astounded how many professional organisations of this type do not put more importance on the basics of communication. Excellent.”
Before qualifying as a solicitor, I played as a professional footballer and acted in the West End! I have run the length of France for charity and braved both skydiving and bungee jumping.
Travelling is a keen interest and I have explored different cultures and customs in countries such as Cambodia, Albania, Algeria and Romania.