I joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors in 2014 as a Legal Help Advisor with previous experience in personal injury law. I assisted new clients with their matters and provided client care for the housing team. In 2015 I became a paralegal in the housing department specialising in disrepair, homelessness, possession and judicial review cases.
This time was spent dedicating my time to providing the best possible result under legal aid for each client whilst maintaining a level of professionalism and understanding each client’s situation. My work in the area of legal aid allowed me to help those with limited access to justice by providing legal assistance where they may not have been able to receive it before.
In 2018, I became a trainee solicitor and have completed a seat in the Medical Negligence team on a wide range of cases. These include birth-related injuries and brain damage, disablement and life-limiting injuries following orthopaedic, cosmetic, and dental surgery. Further work included cases regarding significant dependency claims following negligence caused fatalities.
Currently I am working within the Private Client team and handle a variety of cases including Wills, Lasting Power of Attorney, Court of Protection, Probate and Personal Injury Trusts.
- LPC – BPP
- LLB Honours Degree – Coventry University (2:1)
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors in July 2014
- Legal placement at Pattison Brewer LLP, and in-house with the Legal Department at Cummins UK ltd.
- Coventry Legal Advice Service (CLAS) 2010 – 2013
- “Hodge Jones & Allen are definitely the best in Social Housing. Outstanding work from Jack who has show professionalism, hard work on my complex and long case. I would recommend to anyone who is in need of excellent law firm in the UK. Thanks again.”
- “I do not have anyone in this country and am here alone. You have continued to help me with my housing again and again. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and have changed my life for the better. Thank you Jack”
- “Excellent communication. Very welcoming atmosphere, very clean and presentable place. They even have snacks and hot drinks available for clients. The experts and staff are professional at all times. Jack Williams was dealing with my case and we were very happy with the way he was dealing with it all. Thank you”
- “Thank you Jack Williams very much for all your help and patience. [I] think we need a medal for the stress; finally got a home for my girls.”
- “I appreciate all the work and time you have spent on my dad’s case. Please know that you have helped us tremendously with your guidance and advice. “
- “The services of Hodge Jones & Allen were excellent. I was quickly seen and assigned a solicitor (Mr J Williams) to assist me. I was kept informed of developments, was given advice and support and would highly recommend this company. In an age when legal services are often viewed as experience and time consuming, I was surprised receive speedy information which came as a huge relief. Excellent work.”
- “Last November, my home was on streets. I came to know about Hodge Jones & Allen. My first meeting with Jack Williams was extremely professional plus encouraging as once firm took my case I was confident that my problems are going to be solved. Suzanne Bird worked hard for a place for me and street was no more my home. This November, I have a proper place to live my life and I give entire credit to Jack and Suzanne and wish them success ever.”
- “I would definitely recommend Hodge Jones and Allen; not only they were helpful and I won my case but they were highly supportive. [Iam] so happy with the outcome, my children no longer have to suffer. Best solicitors by far. Thank you Jack Williams.”
- “Outstanding service and attention to detail that I received in relation to a housing matter which could have become far more complicated, but for the representations made by my legal representatives at Hodge Jones & Allen solicitors. I am in no doubt, whatsoever, that if the third party authority could have found a way to undermine and reject the submissions that were made they would have done so. They couldn’t which is all i really need to say about the quality of the case that the Firm advanced on my behalf. Highly recommended.”
- “Words cannot summarise the amazing help I was offered. I am very much grateful to my solicitor who efficiently worked hard to acquire me the fantastic result I have today. Thank you very much Mr J.Williams”
Outside of the firm I play guitar in a Pop-Punk/Easycore band and have played a number of instruments in blues, folk, rock, metal, soul and acoustic bands. I have performed at the Royal Albert Hall as part of a choir and enjoy playing music festivals when I can. Where possible I enjoy fund raising for charity and in 2015 helped raise £1,200 with Hodge Jones & Allen at the law rocks battle of the bands. I have annually participated in HJA amateur productions and musical events in aid of the Millie Mittoo Children’s Projects foundation for orphaned children, Inquest, The Child Brain Injury Trust and Actions against Medical Accidents.
I have been actively involved in promoting access to justice as a member of “Young Legal Aid Lawyers” and have helped run pro-bono clinics in Haringey Schools in cooperation with London Universities. In March 2017, I was a key speaker at an “Access to Justice” event aimed at inspiring the preservation and promotion of legal aid work.
In 2017, I was able to raise funds and awareness for the homelessness charity “Cardboard Citizens” by completing a half marathon and plan to train for further runs.
Before embarking on my legal career I worked as a professional chef in a number of kitchens and still enjoy cooking today. In my spare time I enjoy travelling, particularly in Asia and North America, and playing rugby union and squash.