About Hina Modha
Hina has extensive experience dealing with all aspects of personal injury, with particular expertise in brain injury and amputation cases. Her clients have and continue to include many overseas nationals who have suffered life changing injuries in the UK and who subsequently return to their home country.
Hina has a proven track record in winning fiercely contested cases and she is not afraid of taking cases to Trial. She has a very calm and measured approach to her work enabling her to focus on the key issues to success. Hina relishes a challenge and has won many cases rejected by other firms in the belief that they had poor prospects of success. Hina is committed to doing her very best for her clients and prioritises rehabilitation to maximise the chances of achieving an optimum outcome.
Hina is recognised as a specialist in personal injury law as an accredited member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel and as a Senior Litigator member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.
“Our case was a bit of a long-shot so we were pleased when HJA agreed to take it on. Hina and her team were helpful, understanding and they kept us informed at every step of the way. Good attention to detail too – no stone left unturned! They went after every penny from the other side. And above all….we won! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this law firm – good outfit!”
- Represented a pillion passenger on motorbike which collided with a vehicle which had pulled out onto main road. Client sustained very multiple serious injuries and subsequently developed complex regional pain syndrome. This claim settled for £600,000.
- Young v Kent County Council  EWHC 1342 (QB),  All ER (D) 217 (Mar) – acted on behalf of the claimant in this reported case. A hotly contested trial on liability established that the defendant had a duty of care to protect children from a known risk of climbing up onto the roof a school building. The claimant was found 50% negligent. As a result of this accident, the claimant sustained a serious brain injury which subsequently settled for £1.86 million on a full liability basis.
- Acted on behalf of an Australian national elite worldwide ice skating performer who was injured following the failure of a harness line designed to take him into the air during a performance. Claim issued against his employer. The claimant suffered from significant psychological problems as a result of being unable to continue ice skating to the same level which effectively ended his ice skating career. Liability was admitted and damages were eventually agreed at £175,000.
- Represented a 22 year old Polish national who suffered a below knee amputation of his leg following the collapse of the first floor of a property he was working on. Liability was established against the main site contractor, the architect and structural engineer. The claimant returned to Poland and his claim settled for £648,000 on the basis of losses claimed at Polish rates.
- Represented a Latvian national who suffered catastrophic injuries after being hit by a car whilst crossing 3 lanes of traffic. This claim went to Trial on liability which was fiercely contested and was apportioned 75/25% in our client’s favour by the Trial Judge. Sadly, shortly after success at Trial, the client passed away from non-accident related causes.
- Acted for a Romanian national employed as a lorry driver and crane operator who suffered horrific injuries when a crane attached to his lorry, snapped at the arm and hit him. He sustained injuries to his kidneys, with the subsequent removal of his left kidney, partial removal of his spleen, injury to the pancreas, intra-abdominal haemorrhage, pneumothorax, multiple fractures of the ribs, fracture to the right shoulder and psychological injuries but made an excellent recovery and was able to return to work. His claim settled for £185,000.
- “The law firm has been very good from start to the end. I had no knowledge on what I could claim for and how. They made the whole process as painful and stress free as possible. If I didn’t understand anything, they will call me to explain it in a way I fully understand. Will always recommend and use again in the future.”
- “I have the utmost respect and trust in our representatives and there has been consistency in communication. I would highly recommend Hodge Jones & Allen”
- “Everything was explained to me – fully and clearly.”
- “Both myself and my wife would like to thank you so very much for all your hard work and support during our case as well as winning the case for us.”
- “We would like you to know how much we appreciate your efforts and perseverance throughout.”
"We would like to thank you for your support during our case. We were both very happy with the work you have done for us. You, as our solicitor, always took into consideration our needs, the situation we were in, all the changes we were going through. You stood by us every step of the way with clear explanations of any legal information (you explained twice sometimes), and you were very approachable which I believe is one of the most important qualities as a personal injury solicitor. You had a very calm approach even when we were desperate and you helped us to find the best option. You presented the options for us very clear and you always gave us the opportunity to choose when that was possible. Your professionalism was obvious throughout the entire process."
Membership & Appointments
- The Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- A Senior Litigator Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Acquired Brain Injury Forum (London)
- Deputy District Judge (2020)
- Judge of the First-Tier Tribunal (Part Time) (2020)
- Partner, Hodge Jones & Allen – 2007
- Associate, Hodge Jones & Allen – 2006
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen – 2004
- Qualified as a Solicitor – 2001