I practice in all aspects of personal injury, particularly complex liability and high value claims. I am experienced in obtaining compensation in various matters, including severe brain injuries, spinal injuries, fatal claims and accidents resulting in permanent and significant psychiatric injury.
- Partner, Hodge Jones & Allen – 2007
- Associate, Hodge Jones & Allen – 2006
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen – 2004
- Qualified as a Solicitor – 2001
- “Everything was explained to me – fully and clearly.”
- “Both myself and my wife would like to thank you so very much for all your hard work and support during our case as well as winning the case for us.”
- “We would like you to know how much we appreciate your efforts and perseverance throughout.”
- Acting for 32 year old building worker from Latvia who was attempting to cross the Great Eastern Road, Stratford (not on a pedestrian crossing), a three lane one way street. He became stuck mid-crossing when the defendant’s vehicle approached at 38 mph. The speed limit was 30 mph. Our client stopped and put his hand up. The defendant veered towards our client. He did not brake. He struck our client causing catastrophic injuries. At the trial on liability, the defendant conceded liability but alleged contributory negligence. HHJ McKenna awarded our client 75%. He said that the defendant could have avoided the accident altogether had he braked or maintained his direction of travel. Damages will now be assessed or agreed in the next 12 months.
- Young v Kent County Council  EWHC 1342 (QB),  All ER (D) 217 (Mar) – acted on behalf of the claimant in this reported case. A split trial on liability in 2005 established that the defendant had a duty of care to protect children from a known risk of climbing up onto the roof a school building. The claimant was found 50% negligent. As a result of this accident, the claimant sustained a serious brain injury which subsequently settled for £1.86 million on a full liability basis.
- Acted on behalf of an elite worldwide ice skating performer who was injured following the failure of a harness line designed to take him into the air during a performance. Claim issued against his employer. The claimant suffered from significant psychological problems as a result of being unable to continue ice skating to the same level which effectively ended his ice skating career. Liability was admitted and damages were eventually agreed at £175,000.
- Represented a 22 year old Polish national who suffered a below knee amputation of his leg following the collapse of the first floor of a property he was working on. Liability was established against the main site contractor, the architect and structural engineer. The claimant returned to Poland and his claim settled for £648,000 on the basis of losses claimed at Polish rates.
- Represented a 24 year old naval seaman/marine engineer in a claim against the MoD/Royal Navy. Our client was doing maintenance work in the engine room of a ship when the vessel rolled in a planned manoeuvre. Our client was given no warning that the manoeuvre was about to happen which was contrary to policies that were in place at the time. He fell and his leg became trapped next to the rotating propeller shaft of the engine and sustained a serious knee injury. The claim settled for £105,000.
- Represented a hostel manager who sustained significant psychological injuries in addition to other physical injuries after an attack by a resident known to be dangerous. The claim settled for £200,000.
Membership & Appointments
- The Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- A Senior Litigator Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)