Hermione joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors as a trainee solicitor in September 2019. Her first seat was in the Personal Injury department, assisting Peter Todd with a range of civil litigation claims including a multi-party product liability action relating to the Pandemrix H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine. The claimants all have narcolepsy (a serious incurable neurological disorder) after receiving the swine flu vaccination. Hermione also assisted with a multi-party product liability claim against ophthalmic retailers, Oculentis Bv, Oculentis GmbH and others relating to injury and loss caused by defective intraocular lenses. She also assisted with clinical negligence and road traffic collision claims.
Hermione joined the Family department for her second seat in March 2019.
Hermione volunteers at the Citizens Advice Bureau in Camden, assisting with Housing and Employment sessions. She also represents disabled clients at the Social Security and Child Support Appeals Tribunal challenging refusals to award Personal Independence Payments (PIP).
- “During the very long wait for my Tribunal Appeal – against a decision of the DWP not to award me the new disability benefit known as PIP – to be listed, Peter Todd made the very kind and much appreciated offer of becoming represented, on a pro bono basis, by a Trainee Solicitor, Hermione Cox. Whilst such hearings were new to both of us, I recognised that much hung upon the outcome of this Appeal. What I did not appreciate, before Ms Cox became involved and set about re-focusing and strengthening the grounds of my Appeal, was the extent to which my own efforts to argue my case in writing, were both misdirected and irrelevant to matters that in law, would critically determine its outcome. Ms Cox not only invested the time necessary to re-focus and strengthen my grounds for overturning the original decision, she demonstrated that even in this more modest area of seeking legal redress, her abilities and skills were despite still being a trainee, critical in determining the outcome. I am pleased to say that this will make all the difference to my daily life. I have every reason to be grateful to Hermione Cox and Peter Todd of HJA for making this possible, and at no cost.”
- BPP Law School, Holborn: Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2018 – 2019
- City, University of London: Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, 2017 – 2018
- University of Cambridge: Classics BA (Hons), First Class, 2012 – 2015
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2019 – present
- Pro bono volunteer, National Centre for Domestic Violence, October 2017 – October 2018
- Intern, Reprieve, November 2016 – February 2017