I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in August 2016 as a paralegal in the civil liberties department under the supervision of Claire Brigham and Jocelyn Cockburn. I previously worked on a variety of cases including: actions against the police and other authorities including civil actions for assault, false imprisonment and malicious prosecution, breaches of human rights and inquests. Before joining Hodge Jones & Allen, I have previously worked in Mental Health law, representing and advocating for civil and criminally detained patients under the Mental Health Act 1983.
In September 2018, I commenced my training contract at Hodge Jones & Allen. My first seat was in the clinical negligence team, working under the supervision of Dawn Treloar, assisting on a variety of cases across all fields of care, including complex birth injury claims.
I am currently working in the Family Law team under the supervision of Jacqueline Major working in a variety of practice areas including divorce matters.
- University of Law – Accelerated Legal Practice Course – 2016
- BPP University College – Graduate Diploma in Law – 2013-2014
- University of East Anglia – Business Management, 2010-2013
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen – September 2018 – present
- Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen – August 2016 – August 2018
- Mental Health Paralegal – City Law Firm – 2014 – 2015
- Pro bono legal advisor – Royal National Institute for the Blind – 2013 – 2014
- “Would just like to say thank you so much for everything Hodge Jones and Allen [Emma and Claire] have done for my family over the last 8 months or so. The service has been nothing but professional and outstanding.”
In my spare time I do gymnastics and cheerleading. I currently train with a cheerleading team in Surrey and compete at the international world championships in Orlando. I also enjoy travelling and have recently returned from a 6 week trip through Italy and East Coast Australia.