About Emma-Jayne Rudland
Emma joined Hodge Jones & Allen in August 2016 as a paralegal in the civil liberties department under the supervision of Claire Brigham and Jocelyn Cockburn. She previously worked on a variety of cases including: actions against the police and other authorities, breaches of human rights and inquests. Before joining Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, Emma has previously worked in Mental Health law, representing and advocating for civil and criminally detained patients under the Mental Health Act 1983.
In September 2018, she commenced her training contract at Hodge Jones & Allen. Her first seat was in the clinical negligence team, working under the supervision of Dawn Treloar, assisting on a variety of cases across all fields of care, including complex birth injury claims. Her second seat was in the Family Law team under the supervision of Jacqueline Major working in a variety of practice areas including divorce, children and finance matters. Her third seat was in Criminal defence working under the supervision of Kerry Spence and Leo Martin on a variety of cases including murder, sexual and weapons offences and financial crime.
Emma qualified as Solicitor in March 2020 and is now working in the Clinical Negligence team. She works with two partners on their caseloads as well as managing and running her own cases. Emma has an interest in working in inquest cases and developing her knowledge across all medical fields.
- “Would just like to say thank you so much for everything Hodge Jones and Allen [Emma and Claire] have done for my family over the last 8 months or so. The service has been nothing but professional and outstanding.”
Career & Personal Interests
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, March 2020 – present
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2018 – 2020
- Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen, August 2016 – August 2018
- Mental Health Paralegal, City Law Firm, 2014 – 2015
- Pro Bono Legal Advisor, Royal National Institute for the Blind, 2013 – 2014
- Accelerated Legal Practice Course, University of Law, 2016
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University College, 2013-2014
- Business Management, University of East Anglia, 2010-2013
In her spare time Emma-Jayne does gymnastics and cheerleading. She currently trains with a cheerleading team in Surrey and compete at the international world championships in Orlando. Emma-Jayne also enjoys travelling.