I joined Hodge Jones & Allen LLP in September 2016 as a trainee solicitor in the crime department. My role includes magistrates’ court and crown court case preparation, including robbery, affray, weapons, drugs, serious assaults, extradition and protest crime. I am an accredited police station representative and regularly represent clients at the police station. I am passionate about fighting injustice in society and defending marginalised people.
Before joining Hodge Jones & Allen I worked as a paralegal in the specialist youth court team and then the general crime team in a large legal aid firm in London. I also have experience with prison law adjudications. In my spare time I am a mentor at a youth project in Southwark. During my GDL, I volunteered for the School Exclusions Project, representing school children who had been permanently expelled from school. Whilst studying for my undergraduate degree, I completed an internship for the Runnymede Trust, a race equality think tank. I have also volunteered as a legal intern for Release, a drugs and human rights charity. I am a member of StopWatch, an action group which campaigns for fair and accountable policing, especially around the topic of stop and search.
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2016, Distinction
- Graduate Diploma in Law, City University, 2013, Commendation
- Biochemistry BSc (Hons),University College London, 2012, 2.1
- Trainee Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP, Sep 2016 – Present
- Paralegal at GT Stewart Solicitors – September 2013- June 2016