I am a criminal defence solicitor who is dedicated to acting for those who are marginalised in society and I have a special interest in representing young people.
I am an accredited police station representative and I have Higher Rights of Audience which allows me to represent clients in the Crown Court. I have experience in the preparation of a wide range of Youth Court, Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court cases.
Through written representations, I have successfully persuaded the prosecution to discontinue or refer back to the police station for caution a wide variety of cases including possession of an offensive weapon, possession of a bladed article, criminal damage, possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, public disorder, malicious prosecution and ABH.
Before joining Hodge Jones & Allen I worked as a paralegal in the specialist youth court team and then the general crime team in a large legal aid firm in London. I also have experience with prison law representing clients in adjudications and mental health law. During my GDL, I volunteered for the School Exclusions Project, representing school children who had been permanently expelled from school. Whilst studying for my undergraduate degree, I completed an internship for the Runnymede Trust, a race equality think tank. I have also volunteered as a legal intern for Release, a drugs and human rights charity. I have been involved in a frontline youth project and mentoring for several years.
I am a director of the 4Front, a youth-led social enterprise which addresses serious youth violence.
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2016, Distinction
- Graduate Diploma in Law, City University, 2013, Commendation
- Biochemistry BSc (Hons),University College London, 2012, 2.1
- Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP, March 2018 – present
- Trainee Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP, Sep 2016 – February 2018
- Paralegal at GT Stewart Solicitors – September 2013- June 2016
Articles and Publications
- Criminal Law & Justice Weekly – Getting to the heart of knife crime in the UK, February 2017
In my spare time I enjoy boxing, reading, films and documentaries.