Daniel is Deputy Head of Housing. Daniel has worked primarily in Housing and Public Law since qualification. He specialises in Human Rights and Discrimination cases especially challenges to government, often taking on large group actions. He is one of the lead Housing solicitors on the Grenfell Public Inquiry. He also deals with homelessness appeals; judicial review cases; claims for disrepair; possession claims; unlawful evictions; and general landlord and tenant disputes. He often acts for both Leaseholders and Freeholders in cases involving general property disputes. He is regularly invited as a commentator by newspapers, television and radio outlets to discuss recent events.
Daniel is ranked in Chambers UK 2018 where he was described by clients as “good at getting things done for the client and very good at steering his way through problems.” In Chambers 2019 he was described as “absolutely brilliant” in representation of tenants in homelessness, possession and disrepair cases and in Chambers 2021 as “a fantastic lawyer.” Daniel is also recognised in the Legal 500 as being “a solicitor who is dedicated to his clients and maintaining housing standards.”
Daniel is the Housing Law Representative on the Law Society Council.
- “Excellent experience from beginning to end and I was extremely confident in the professionalism of Mr Fitzpatrick.”
- “My experience with you was very straight forward hardly any stress, made me feel comfortable to say anything. If I didn’t understand something you would clearly explain it again.”
- Haringey LBC v Theobald. Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court 7 April 2011
Membership & Appointments
- Elected Housing Representative on the Law Society Council
- The Law Society Housing Law Committee
- The Clerkenwell County Court Duty Scheme
- The Housing Law Practitioners’ Association (HLPA)
- Property Litigation Association
- Partner Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors – 2012
- Associate Hodge Jones & Allen – 2010
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen – 2007
- Admitted as a Solicitor – 2001
- Trained at Russell Jones & Walker
- LPC – Bristol University – 1997
- M.Phil. International Politics – Trinity College Dublin – 1996
- LLB Honours Degree – Anglia University – 1995
Daniel has worked in politics for many years and is a former Labour Councillor in Lambeth. In his spare time Daniel performs with The City Academy Singers. He also enjoys golf and swimming.