About Daniel Fitzpatrick
Daniel is Deputy Head of Housing. Daniel has worked primarily in Housing and Public Law since qualification. He specialises in Human Rights and Discrimination cases especially challenges to government, often taking on large group actions.
He is one of the lead Housing solicitors on the Grenfell Public Inquiry. He also deals with homelessness appeals; judicial review cases; claims for disrepair; possession claims; unlawful evictions; and general landlord and tenant disputes. He often acts for both Leaseholders and Freeholders in cases involving general property disputes. He is regularly invited as a commentator by newspapers, television and radio outlets to discuss recent events.
"Dan Fitzpatrick is an excellent lawyer who is currently involved in the long running Grenfell Inquiry." "Daniel Fitzpatrick is an extremely experienced and committed housing solicitor with wide-ranging expertise." Legal 500, 2022
“a fantastic lawyer”
Chambers UK, 2021
“absolutely brilliant” in representation of tenants in homelessness, possession and disrepair cases.
Chambers UK, 2019
“a solicitor who is dedicated to his clients and maintaining housing standards.”
Legal 500 UK
“good at getting things done for the client and very good at steering his way through problems.”
Chambers UK, 2018
Daniel is ranked in Chambers UK 2021. Daniel is also recognised in the Legal 500, 2021.
Daniel is the Housing Law Representative on the Law Society Council.
- Haringey LBC v Theobald. Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court 7 April 2011
- “Excellent experience from beginning to end and I was extremely confident in the professionalism of Mr Fitzpatrick.”
- “My experience with you was very straight forward hardly any stress, made me feel comfortable to say anything. If I didn’t understand something you would clearly explain it again.”
"Excellent experience from beginning to end and I was extremely confident in the professionalism of Mr Fitzpatrick."
Membership & Appointments
- Elected Housing Representative on the Law Society Council
- The Law Society Housing Law Committee
- The Clerkenwell County Court Duty Scheme
- The Housing Law Practitioners’ Association (HLPA)
- Property Litigation Association
Career & Personal Interests
- Partner Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors – 2012
- Associate Hodge Jones & Allen – 2010
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen – 2007
- Admitted as a Solicitor – 2001
- Trained at Russell Jones & Walker
- LPC – Bristol University – 1997
- M.Phil. International Politics – Trinity College Dublin – 1996
- LLB Honours Degree – Anglia University – 1995
Daniel has worked in politics for many years and is a former Labour Councillor in Lambeth. In his spare time Daniel performs with The City Academy Singers. He also enjoys golf and swimming.