I have specialised primarily in Housing Law since qualification. In particular I deal with homelessness appeals; judicial review cases; claims for disrepair; possession claims based on rent or mortgage arrears or anti-social behaviour; unlawful evictions; and general landlord and tenant disputes. I am also instructed to act in general property disputes often involving Leaseholders. I am regularly asked to commentate on recent Property Law issues by newspapers, television and radio outlets. I appeared on “Daybreak” in 2012 to discuss the implications of the proposed squatting laws. I have been a guest on “Radio 5 live” discussing a range of property issues and I also co-host “The Legal Hour with Nina and Daniel” with my colleague Nina Ali on Betar Bangla radio. I work as an official speaker for MBL seminars. Running training courses for other solicitors in areas of Housing Law.
I am ranked in Chambers UK 2017 where I am described by clients as “a very pragmatic lawyer.” I am also recognised in the Legal 500 as being “highly talented and committed”.
I am the Housing Law Representative on the Law Society Council.
- LPC – Bristol University – 1997
- M.Phil. International Politics – Trinity College Dublin – 1996
- LLB Honours Degree – Anglia University – 1995
- Partner Hodge Jones & Allen – 2012
- Associate Hodge Jones & Allen – 2010
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen – 2007
- Admitted as a Solicitor – 2001
- Trained at Russell Jones & Walker
- “Excellent experience from beginning to end and I was extremely confident in the professionalism of Mr Fitzpatrick.”
- Haringey LBC v Theobald. Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court 7 April 2011
Membership & Appointments
- The Clerkenwell County Court Duty Scheme
- The Housing Law Practitioners’ Association (HLPA)
- The Law Society Housing Law Committee
- Property Litigation Association
I have worked in politics for many years and am a former Labour Councillor in Lambeth. In my spare time I enjoy golf, tennis, sailing and swimming.