I joined Hodge Jones and Allen in 2013, having closed my practice in Bedfordshire. I have specialised in family law since I qualified and have experience of all aspects of family law, with particular emphasis on financial issues that arise when couples separate. I also deal with issues surrounding children when disputes arise between parents. I am a Children Panel member and have acted for parents, children and extended members of the family in public law children proceedings. I also have experience of forced marriages.
I am a trained collaborative lawyer and can represent clients through the collaborative process. As a collaborative lawyer I understand the emotional, financial and practical difficulties all clients experience and the inevitable effect upon the children.
I am a forward thinking family lawyer and am committed to the guidelines set down by Resolution to resolve cases as amicably, fairly and as cost effectively as possible. I am fluent in Gujarati and Hindi.
- The College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course
- Southampton Institute: BA (Hons) Business & Law
- Franklins Solicitors, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, Managing Partner, September 2009 to September 2013
- Adams Moore Family Law, Bedfordshire, Associate Lead Solicitor September 2008 to August 2009
- Office of the Official Solicitor and Public Trustee, London, Divorce and Family Lawyer – June 2008 to August 2008
- Hancock Quins, Hertfordshire, Associate Solicitor May 2003 to May 2008
- Hallam-Peel & Co., London, Assistant Solicitor August 1999 to April 2003
- Aston Clark Solicitors, London, Trainee Solicitor (September 1997 to 1999)
- “Many Many thanks Bharti for all the help and support.”
- “I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me. [I] just wish that they were all like you.”
- “I should like to thank you for all your assistance over the period and for your advice at key points.”
- “I wanted to thank you for all the help and support you have been to me over this period it has been extremely appreciated.”
- “I would like to thank you for your service at a time when I was at my most vulnerable and sincerely wish you the best for the future.”
- “Your support has been greatly appreciated.”
- “Thank you so much for your help. I will never forget this.”
- Hertfordshire County Council v M. and Ors  EWHC 2660
- Chief Constable, A v YK and ors ( forced marriage) EWHC 2438 (Fam)
Membership & Appointments
- Law Society Family Law Panel
- Law Society’s Adult and Children Panel
- Association of Lawyers for Children
- National Association of Guardian Ad Litems and Reporting Officers
- Association of Asian Women Lawyers
- Collaborative Lawyer
- Society of Asian Lawyers
- Hindu Lawyers Association
I enjoy spending time with my family, good food and wine. I also follow the highs and lows of Arsenal.