I joined Hodge Jones and Allen in 2013, having closed my practice in Bedfordshire. I have specialised in family law since I qualified and have experience of all aspects of family law, with particular emphasis on financial issues that arise when couples separate. I also deal with issues surrounding children when disputes arise between parents. I am a Children Panel member and have acted for parents, children and extended members of the family in public law children proceedings. I also have experience of forced marriages.
I am a trained collaborative lawyer and can represent clients through the collaborative process. As a collaborative lawyer I understand the emotional, financial and practical difficulties all clients experience and the inevitable effect upon the children.
I am a forward thinking family lawyer and am committed to the guidelines set down by Resolution to resolve cases as amicably, fairly and as cost effectively as possible. I am fluent in Gujarati and Hindi.
- The College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course
- Southampton Institute: BA (Hons) Business & Law
- Franklins Solicitors, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, Managing Partner, September 2009 to September 2013
- Adams Moore Family Law, Bedfordshire, Associate Lead Solicitor September 2008 to August 2009
- Office of the Official Solicitor and Public Trustee, London, Divorce and Family Lawyer – June 2008 to August 2008
- Hancock Quins, Hertfordshire, Associate Solicitor May 2003 to May 2008
- Hallam-Peel & Co., London, Assistant Solicitor August 1999 to April 2003
- Aston Clark Solicitors, London, Trainee Solicitor (September 1997 to 1999)
- “All my family and housing issues have been handled with all efforts to resolve my family and other issues, in the best way possible. Many times my solicitor has gone above and beyond duty, to do it at out of office hours, and for there to be resolution in the best interest of me and my daughter. I highly recommend them.”
- “Thank you so much for all you have done for us. Truly grateful.”
- “I received the letter that indicated that the divorce has been finalised and I just wanted to give you a massive thank you for all your help. May God give you good health, long life and happiness. “
- “I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks for all the work you have put into my case and for dealing with great compassion and humanity and for that I am grateful”.
- “I wanted to say a big thank you to you for acting as my solicitor and handling my case through such a difficult time for me”.
- “Bharti Shah is well knowledgeable and highly committed to clients.”
- “Many Many thanks Bharti for all the help and support.”
- “I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me. [I] just wish that they were all like you.”
- “I should like to thank you for all your assistance over the period and for your advice at key points.”
- “I wanted to thank you for all the help and support you have been to me over this period it has been extremely appreciated.”
- “I would like to thank you for your service at a time when I was at my most vulnerable and sincerely wish you the best for the future.”
- “Your support has been greatly appreciated.”
- “Thank you so much for your help. I will never forget this.”
- Hertfordshire County Council v M. and Ors  EWHC 2660
- Chief Constable, A v YK and ors ( forced marriage) EWHC 2438 (Fam)
Membership & Appointments
- Law Society Family Law Panel
- Law Society’s Adult and Children Panel
- Association of Lawyers for Children
- National Association of Guardian Ad Litems and Reporting Officers
- Association of Asian Women Lawyers
- Collaborative Lawyer
- Society of Asian Lawyers
- Hindu Lawyers Association
I enjoy spending time with my family, good food and wine. I also follow the highs and lows of Arsenal.