About Annie Bell
Annie is a paralegal in the Family department who primarily assists Jacqueline Major with a range of matters, including divorce, finances, premarital and cohabitation agreements, and child arrangements.
Annie’s previous paralegal experience informs her current work—she was a fee-earning paralegal on the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and assisted on a variety of cases at the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, including a complex two-month-long trial which resulted in convictions for Manslaughter in the Second Degree.
During her studies, Annie volunteered at the University of Law Legal Advice Centre and was a Volunteer Caseworker for the National Centre for Domestic Violence.
People of the State of New York v Maria Hrynenko
Annie assisted prosecutors in securing guilty verdicts for Manslaughter in the Second Degree following the 121 Second Avenue Gas Explosion. She attended the trial daily, prepared bundles of over 3,000 exhibits, prepared expert witnesses, and performed additional tasks as needed
Grenfell Tower Inquiry
Annie reviewed documents, prepared lines of questioning for witnesses, attended the Inquiry, and summarised oral evidence
Members & Appointments
- Resolution – an organisation of family justice professionals committed to resolving issues in a constructive way
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers – a group of lawyers committed to campaigning for a sustainable legal aid system, increasing social mobility and diversity within the sector, and providing a network for those pursuing careers in legal aid
Career & Personal Interests
- Paralegal, Family – Hodge Jones & Allen, 2022 – Present
- Paralegal, Public Inquiry – Bishop Lloyd & Jackson, 2021 – 2022
- Paralegal, Rackets Bureau – Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, 2017 – 2019
- MSc Criminal Justice Policy (Merit) – The London School of Economics and Political Science, 2020 – 2021
- GDL (Distinction) – University of Law, 2020
- BA Psychology and BA Economics (Distinction) – Smith College, 2013 – 2017
In her spare time, Annie enjoys going to art exhibits, the cinema and comedy shows, reading, travelling, and exploring London’s green spaces.