Anna qualified as a solicitor in September 2017 after undertaking her training contract at a Legal 500 London firm. Since that time she has exclusively practised in criminal defence law undertaking an array of cases in the Youth, Magistrates’, Crown and High Court.
Anna has experience representing clients charged with; violent offences including murder, attempted murder and grievous bodily harm, serious sexual offences, offences involving firearms and offensive weapons and large scale drug offences.
In addition to her general crime practice, Anna is a member of the specialist Youth Court Team and regularly represents young people at the police station, Youth Court and Crown Court.
Anna is known for her empathetic nature and dedicated client care. She prides herself on representing her clients’ tirelessly throughout their case.
Outside of work Anna a proactive member of the organisation ‘Women in Criminal Law.’ She is also a Committee Member for ‘Young Legal Aid Lawyers’. An organisation that actively campaigns for sustainable legal aid and to promote new entrants, social mobility and diversity within the legal aid sector.
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2019
- Solicitor, LLM Solicitors, 2017 – 2019
- Trainee, TV Edwards LLP, 2015 – 2017
- Paralegal, TV Edwards, 2013 – 2015
"Been working with me 3 years nearly and helped me very much and responded to me and had a lot of patience with my case and my personal circumstances. I’m very grateful."
- Duty Solicitor, 2017
- LPC conversion, 2015
- BVC, 2010
- LLM International Human Rights Law, 2008
- LLB (Hons) European and International Law, 2004-2007
- “Anna was very professional, she led me through a somewhat new process I was unable to digest with family or friends with confidence, care and honesty. I would highly recommend to anyone finding them-self in need of legal aid.”
- “Absolutely excellent and efficient service. I could not fault my solicitor [Anna]. Excellent service and advice from start to finish, a great help and relief for when I needed it most. So helpful with advice and being there on screen to see a friendly face. I felt very comfortable and had absolute confidence in my solicitor. My appointed solicitor telephoned me the very next day to see how I was, and keep me up to date with a follow up e-mail. I had never been in the situation I was in before, I had an excellent result due to my experienced solicitor and a great relief to me.
I would absolutely recommend Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors to anyone seeking Solicitors advice. Would definitely use them again should I require.”
- “Regarding Anna Jemmison. Very polite, professional and excellent advice and service. Made me fully aware of my legal rights and how to conduct myself in the interview which has helped me to overcome my problem.
I would recommend her to anyone because of the level of professionalism in which she conducted herself.”
Memberships & Appointments
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Liberty and Amnesty International
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
"EXCELLENT SERVICE AND ADVICE FROM START TO FINISH, A GREAT HELP AND RELIEF FOR WHEN I NEEDED IT MOST."