About Alexia Simeoni
Alexia was born and raised in the south of France. After obtaining her baccalaureate Alexia came to England in 2003 with the intention of seeking new challenges.
Alexia studied Law at Southampton Solent University, completing her degree in 2007 and masters in 2008. She then moved to London in 2009 where she completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Bloomsbury in 2010.
Alexia qualified as a Solicitor in July 2016 and joined Hodge Jones & Allen in July 2017.
Alexia runs her own caseload and specialises in personal injury matters namely:
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Employer’s Liability
- Occupiers’ Liability and Public Liability
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen, July 2017
- Paralegal, Trainee Solicitor and Solicitor, The Specter Partnership Solicitors, 2013 – July 2017
- Personal Injury Paralegal, Quindell Legal Services, 2012 – 2013
- Legal Practice Course, University of Law, London Bloomsbury, 2009 – 2010
- LL.M (Hons), Southampton Solent University, 2007 – 2008
- LL.B (Hons) with European Studies, Southampton Solent University, 2004 – 2007
- International Foundation Programme, Southampton Solent University, 2003-2004
Away from work, Alexia loves going back home to the south of France. She also enjoys travelling, sailing, swimming and skiing.
- Alexia acted for a Claimant who was employed by the Defendant as a nursery attendant. In the morning of the accident, the Claimant was preparing the garden of the nursery for the children’s arrival. She intended to open the curtains of the huts where the play equipment was stored. She opened the right curtain and as she moved the left curtain, the metal curtain pole and the curtain fell onto the back of her neck and shoulders. The attachment for the curtain pole had been broken for an extended period of time prior to the Claimant’s accident. Although the Defendant was fully aware of the broken curtain pole they failed to fix it. As a result of the accident the Claimant developed post-traumatic migrainous episodes and vestibulopathy with vertigo. She also sustained a soft injury to the cervical spine and psychological symptoms. Although the accident was witnessed by the Claimant’s colleague, the Defendant never formally admitted liability and indeed raised concerns about the accident mechanism. Court proceedings were issued and fundamental dishonesty was raised in the Defence. The Defendant’s Insurers had used a private investigator to follow the Claimant and used the footage to support their allegations. The Claimant was a genuine, reliable and consistent person as such Alexia had no concerns about fundamental dishonesty having been raised. The entire claim settled for £10,000, 3 months before Trial.
- Alexia acted for a Claimant who was injured in the course of his employment while he was unloading a lorry. As a result of the accident, the Claimant suffered severe injuries to his wrist and elbow. He also sustained a facial scar that is permanent and visible at social range. Liability was admitted and the claim settled for £48,000.
- Alexia represented a Claimant who worked as a demolition worker at a power station. The Defendant had control of the power station in the course of the Claimant’s employment. On the day of the incident the power station unexpectedly collapsed. At the time it collapsed the Claimant was walking towards the main building when he heard an extremely loud bang and the building started to crumble and collapse. The Claimant ran away from the building for safety. Tragically four of the Claimant’s friends and colleagues were killed as a result of the collapse. Following the accident, the Claimant was involved as part of the rescue operation at the power station which involved searching for bodies of the missing men who were killed As a result of the accident, the Claimant suffered from psychological symptoms. Liability was admitted and the case settled for £20,000.
- Alexia represented a Claimant who was 9 years old at the time of the accident. It is the Claimant’s allegations that she was crossing a zebra crossing on her pushbike when the Defendant, driving a vehicle, failed to stop and collided with her. As a result of the accident the Claimant sustained facial injuries, a head injury, neck pain, soft tissue injuries affecting the right shoulder, right knee and torso, a permanent right foot injury and psychological symptoms. The factual basis of the claim was disputed in fact, the Defendant averred that the Claimant rode into the side of her passing vehicle. After 7 years the sum of £61,278.20 was accepted on a 50/50 basis, such sum was approved by the Judge during the Approval Hearing.
- “My experience with HJA and Alexia Simeoni, in particular, was first class. Her knowledge and expertise were invaluable and I felt confident throughout that I was being well advised. The communication from them was consistent and kept me well informed as the case progressed. I would certainly go to them again for any legal advice in the future.”
- “[Alexia was] always listening, analysing, before coming with well calculated conclusions.”
- “Alexia and her colleagues have been amazing from start to finish. The advise, support and guidance from her has been superb and I couldn’t have wished for a better legal team to assist me. I would have no hesitation recommending the service to anyone else.”
- “Very professional always got back to me on information. [I am] very happy with the result and would recommend them to any body.”
- “Very professional as well as being super patient with me. Excellent service all round and a good result. Highly recommended, thank you.”
- “[Alexia] you have done very good job. l am so happy. Thank you, good job.”
- “They [Alexia & the team] were very helpful when I needed advice in what to do, and I was kept updated with the progress of my claim.”
- “Alexia was great, prompt with communication, professional and polite when chasing for information.”
- “Very helpful and professional service especially from Alexia Simeoni who looked after me so well through the process.”
- “I have used Hodge Jones & Allen twice and both times they were successful and very good and got me the results I wanted.”
- “They were very honest & efficient in their conduct & communications. Thank you for your help.”
- “Excellent service, was kept updated throughout. Would highly recommend.”
- “[Alexia] worked really well with me, updated me on everything, were consistent and professional throughout. My claim was concluded with a very satisfactory outcome. I would highly recommend.”
- “Very helpful and polite when spoke on phone.”