About Alexandra Pecanac
Alex is a third seat Trainee in the Dispute Resolution department under the supervision of Claire Kitchen.
Alex joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors in 2015 as a paralegal in the Criminal Defence team where she assisted the fee earners in a variety of cases across all aspects of criminal work. She worked under the supervision of Sean Caulfield, Graeme Hydari and Chloe Hartnell. Her experience included, but is not limited to, extradition, regulatory, financial and general crime. She is an accredited Police Station Representative.
She began her training contract with the firm in September 2020 in the Housing & Property Disputes department where she worked under the supervision of Bahareh Amani and Satvir Sahota. She worked on and managed homelessness, possession, disrepair and judicial review cases under various funding arrangements. She also assisted with the Brent Tenancy Relations Scheme, providing advice and assistance on unlawful eviction and harassment cases.
Alex went on to undertake her second seat in the Personal Injury department under the supervision of Leticia Williams, Karen Mann and Ken Brough. She assisted on a variety of cases including employers’ liability, public liability, occupiers’ liability and road traffic accident cases. She handled low value personal injury claims as well as assisting on high-value complex personal injury claims.
Alex volunteers at the Citizens Advice Bureau in Camden, assisting with Housing and Employment sessions.
- “I want to reiterate how grateful I am for all your help throughout the case. You were the most junior member of my legal team but I remember vividly how relentless you were, how passionate you were and how hardworking you were in all preparations for the trial. I did not see you in Court but have asked of you and thought of you often because I know you had so much to contribute to my case and how deeply you cared about me as an individual and not just another client. I remembered your kindness and compassionate words to me prior to the trial. Thank you.”
- “Alexandra Pecanac was absolutely amazing if you get the chance for her to work on your case you certainly won’t be disappointed she gives her all to her work and I’m very grateful for what she did with my case and my sons can’t thank you enough 5 stars is not enough many more deserved!!!!!!”
“I been having problems with the council so I decided to find a solicitor. I came across HJA and was assigned to Satvir and her junior solicitor Alex. They have gone above and beyond for me. They have treated my case as if I was their only client and got the best result for me even with all the odds stacked up. I recommend them 100%%%.”
“Words literally cannot describe how much you really did to support me and how much you have done for me to actually help win this case. I don’t think a letter or email would be half as much as you’ve done for me recently. There were times I felt like giving up and you would continue to reassure me, this all came at a priceless value for me.”
“Thank you very much for your professional and warm communicating skills. You negotiated a prompt conclusion to my brother’s case. I am just amazed how fast you got things done. Me and my brother are eternally grateful, and I highly recommend you and the company you work for, Hodge Jones & Allen.”
“Consistent, Professional and Exceptional, are just a few words that describe Alex P. and her team. Maxine is an amazing brief, her understanding really helped my case and outcome, at a time when other active professionals remain helpful. Suzanne in Housing Department excels in directional support and communication from day 1, everything she does is great and consistent. She has an exceptional team and contacts who really care. Thank you for believing in people and reminding us all that every prior birthday and individual of HJA count within your message of fight. Wonderful representative support throughout – Sincere thank you to all at Hodge Jones and Allen.”
“She gives her all to her work and I’m very grateful for what she did with my case.”
Education & Personal Interests
- Legal Practice Course – The University of Law, Bloomsbury – LPC / LLM, Distinction
(2018 – 2019)
- Law and European Legal Systems LLB Hons – with a year abroad in Spain – 2011-2015
- Serbian / Bosnian / Croatian
"You had so much to contribute to my case... You cared about me as an individual and not just another client."
Outside of work Alex enjoys music and dancing and was a student of Italia Conti Academy of Performing Arts for 10 years. She is also a keen traveller and enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends.