I am a paralegal in the housing department at Hodge Jones & Allen and am assisting Daniel Fitzpatrick in relation to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
I have experience managing my own caseload in relation to homelessness, possession and disrepair cases under various funding arrangements. I have also brought judicial review cases in the High Court.
I have previously assisted solicitors specialising in welfare & benefits law and
have represented clients at the First-Tier Tribunal (Social Security).
I have further experience dealing with international clients in relation to divorce, financial remedies, child abduction and child relocation.
- BPP University – LLM (Legal Practice) (ongoing)
- The University of Law – The Graduate Diploma of Law (Commendation)
- Ruprecht-Karls Universität Heidelberg
- L’Université de Genève
- King’s College London – French & German BA Joint Honours (First Class)
- The International Family Law Group LLP – (2017 – 2018)
- Harrow Law Centre – (2016 – 2017)
- “I instructed Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors to help me with housing review case. They were friendly and professional both Rishi and Shabnam. My solicitor who won the case was Shabnam Shekarian and she knows everything worth knowing about housing law. She won my case after proved my Local Authority wrong! She followed my instructions as discussed and offered me the best legal advise ever! Would highly recommend. A***”
- “What can I say other than Wow. Shabnàm and her team are a life saver. Rishi was the one who first took on my case. He was a professional and a good listener but later on he transferred my case to Shabnàm and I was worried about a new person taking on the case so I put forward some questions to Rishi whom then told me that he has TOTAL CONFIDENCE AND RESPECT for SHABNÀM. Reluctantly I accepted and in the end she delivered. HODGE JONES & ALLEN team are SIMPLY THE BEST. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS HOUSING JOURNEY LONG BEFORE THEY TOOK MY ON. Their level of professionalism is second to none. Thank you Shabnàm and thanks Rishi Joshi.”
- “I would recommend this company to anyone. Excellent service.”
- “Excellent !!! I can’t be happier !! Great housing solicitors!!! The best”.
- “My Solicitor Mr Rishi Joshi was excellent. He really journeyed with me through a really difficult time. I cannot thank him enough. His care and attention to detail felt like a dream. He deserves a million stars!
I was always kept well informed. Always treated with the outmost respect. A great listener. Thank you so much Sir, and may God bless you abundantly!”
Memberships and Appointments
- Member of Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Member of the Caravana Colombia UK Lawyers Group
- Trustee at Harrow Law Centre
I am able to communicate with clients in French, German, Gujarati and Hindi.
I enjoy learning new languages and have been self-teaching myself Spanish and Swiss German. I enjoy swimming, cycling and travelling abroad.