About Neil Emery
Neil qualified as a solicitor in 2004 and is an employment law specialist. He is very experienced in handling both contentious and non-contentious matters and routinely advises both employees and employers on all aspects of employment: from contracts to complex litigation in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal.
His clients have ranged from an individual pursuing claims related to modern slavery to the chief executive of a major international airline, as well as healthcare providers, charities, higher education and individuals working in the financial sector.
Neil is a regular speaker at seminars for the CIPD, and enjoys providing training for employers and professional bodies, with a view to promoting best employment practice in the workplace.
He has expertise in:
- General advice on disciplinary and grievance procedures and employment matters
- Redundancies and restructuring
- Employment aspects of mergers, acquisitions and outsourcing of services and TUPE
- Discrimination, diversity and equal opportunities matters
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts, service agreements, employment policies and procedures and settlement agreements
- Employment Tribunal litigation, mediation and dispute resolution
- Advising on restrictive covenants, confidential information and whistleblowing
- “Thank you for acting on my behalf in regard to the Settlement Agreement in connection with my redundancy. The service you provided was excellent. The guidance and advice you gave was over and above my expectations and was very much appreciated at this difficult time. I would not hesitate to recommend you to any clients that may require your services in the future.”
- “Many thanks indeed for your support in this matter. I appreciate your time, professionalism and speed.”
- “Thank you for giving such an excellent presentation on ‘Employment Law, with reference to Agency Workers’.”
- “Thanks for your time seeing me. It is always comforting knowing that I have you alongside me”.
“Thank you so very much for all of the work you did to make my very difficult situation more bearable. It was very much appreciated.”
Career & Personal Interests
- Employment Lawyers Association
- College of Law London GDL and LPC
- University of Southampton BA Hons 2:1
Neil is passionate about mountain walking. He has completed the Tour du Mont Blanc, has climbed Kilimanjaro twice, and (lockdowns permitting) is often to be found on the fells in the Lake District, where he has climbed all 214 “Wainwrights” at least once. He is also a keen photographer and filmmaker.