I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in August 2018 as a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution team, having been admitted as a solicitor in 2003.
My training and early years of practice were invaluable in providing me with a good grounding in litigation, dealing with a variety of contractual and property disputes. As a very junior lawyer I also had the memorable experience of assisting with a case that progressed to the Court of Appeal.
At a later firm, which primarily provided legal services to a stock exchange listed property-based plc, I gained considerable practice of applications within the jurisdiction of the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). Such applications included service charge disputes, applications for dispensation from the leasehold consultation process and determinations for breach of leasehold covenants.
In the last ten years, the focus of my practice has been more on professional negligence claims, contentious probate claims including applications for removal of executors, Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 claims as well as maintaining a property practice.
- “The advice and support that I received from Michael Kilbane was second to none. I was at a tricky, scary point of dealing with a difficult neighbour when Michael gave me clarity, a sense of security, and confidence that a solution would be found. No hesitation about recommending him specifically and HJA in general.”
- “Thanks Michael, I really appreciated you being there, holding my back whilst the drama played out. All your advice was spot on and gave me a sense of security when the whole situation felt scary. My sister and I are very relieved that our neighbour has decided to cooperate without the need to initiate legal process.”
I’d have no hesitation in recommending you and your firm to people needing legal advice.
- “Michael was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable on the phone about some issues relating to Formaldehyde and a supplier. I highly recommend him.”
- “I’ve been very fortunate to have been introduced to Mr Michael Kilbane of Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors, who dealt with a case on behalf of my company very expediently and at a quarter of the cost which I was told I had to pay at a different firm of solicitors. Throughout the transaction, Mr Kilbane was in charge of the matter and I thank him for the sound advice I was given at all times.”
- “I appreciated the support and advice given by my solicitor, Michael Kilbane, during a lengthy dispute. His diligence in chasing the potential plaintiff for information and case notes was admirable as was his resolve in getting the best possible outcome. Whilst this case file has now been closed should we eventually receive a response I will not hesitate to ask Mr. Kilbane to continue with the case.”
- LPC – College of Law London 2000
- CPE – University of Sussex 1999
- Hodge Jones & Allen; 2018 to present
- Percy Short & Cuthbert; 2014-2018
- Heckford Norton; 2008-2014
- Bellis & Co; 2006-2008
- Bosley & Co; 2001-2006
- Through mediation, negotiated a money and property settlement worth £1.5 million for the second wife of a very short marriage in Inheritance Act proceedings.
- Acted for landlord in a successful appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Lands) confirming that the lower tribunal could consider an application for dispensation from statutory consultation within an ordinary application for determination of service charges without a formal application for dispensation having been made.
- Successful appeal to Circuit Judge confirming administrator’s standing to bring a claim for possession of deceased’s property.
- Adrian Alan Ltd v Fuglers (A Firm)  EWCA Civ 1655 & SCCO No. 5 of 2003, assisted with claimant’s original county court claim and the defendant’s subsequent appeal and claimant’s cross-appeal. Claimant was successful in the county court and Court of Appeal.
- Property Litigation Association
- The Law Society
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
- London Irish Lawyers Association
Articles and Publications