I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in August 2018 as a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution team, having been admitted as a solicitor in 2003.
My training and early years of practice were invaluable in providing me with a good grounding in litigation, dealing with a variety of contractual and property disputes. As a very junior lawyer I also had the memorable experience of assisting with a case that progressed to the Court of Appeal.
At a later firm, which primarily provided legal services to a stock exchange listed property-based plc, I gained considerable practice of applications within the jurisdiction of the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). Such applications included service charge disputes, applications for dispensation from the leasehold consultation process and determinations for breach of leasehold covenants.
In the last ten years, the focus of my practice has been more on professional negligence claims, contentious probate claims including applications for removal of executors, Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 claims as well as maintaining a property practice.
- LPC – College of Law London 2000
- CPE – University of Sussex 1999
- Hodge Jones & Allen; 2018 to present
- Percy Short & Cuthber;t 2014-2018
- Heckford Norton; 2008-2014
- Bellis & Co; 2006-2008
- Bosley & Co; 2001-2006
- Through mediation, negotiated a money and property settlement worth £1.5 million for the second wife of a very short marriage in Inheritance Act proceedings.
- Acted for landlord in a successful appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Lands) confirming that the lower tribunal could consider an application for dispensation from statutory consultation within an ordinary application for determination of service charges without a formal application for dispensation having been made.
- Successful appeal to Circuit Judge confirming administrator’s standing to bring a claim for possession of deceased’s property.
- Adrian Alan Ltd v Fuglers (A Firm)  EWCA Civ 1655 & SCCO No. 5 of 2003, assisted with claimant’s original county court claim and the defendant’s subsequent appeal and claimant’s cross-appeal. Claimant was successful in the county court and Court of Appeal.
- The Law Society
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
- London Irish Lawyers Association
Articles and Publications