About Kevin Bristow
Kevin is a Partner in the Family Law team.
Having qualified as a solicitor in 1996 Kevin has over 25 years’ experience in all aspects of family law. He has been ranked in Chambers and Partners since 2014.
Kevin’s main areas of practice are:-
- Divorce: Finance disputes on divorce, including High net worth individuals, companies, pensions and trusts. But is equally at home with mid-range asset cases.
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation agreements and disputes arising following unmarried relationship breakdown.
- Variation and enforcement of family orders
- Same sex relationships, including cohabitation, dissolution and children matters.
- Children applications including Child arrangements (Shared care, live with and spend time with applications), relocation cases within the jurisdiction, specific issue applications, Change of name and advice on parental responsibility.
- International child relocation applications (known as leave to remove.)
- Schedule 1 (Child finance applications)
“He is open, to the point and frank about the road ahead and has been of great comfort during a difficult time” - Chambers UK, 2022
“Kevin is sensible, knowledgeable, practical, proactive, empathetic and hardworking” - Chambers UK, 2002
Kevin is a resolution trained collaborative lawyer and always adopts those skills to resolve all disputes where possible applying a constructive and conciliatory approach. Kevin is not adverse to using alternative dispute resolution in the form of mediation, arbitration, roundtable meetings and Private FDR`s as an alternative to court.
Kevin has acted for well know sports, media personalities including professional footballers, their spouses, as well those in the entertainment industry. Kevin regularly acts for Company directors, business leaders, teachers, accountants, doctors, legal, IT professionals, and pilots. Kevin also has experience of acting for the military and “blue light” emergency service personnel including the Police both retired/ serving and Firefighters.
- “Cannot recommend highly enough, impeccable and prompt service with excellent counsel that guided us through the whole process.”
- “Kevin provided timely and helpful guidance to me throughout my divorce. He was always very professional and approachable.”
"Kevin is a top family solicitor, deeply competent, and with great understanding of personal circumstances."
Memberships & Appointments
- Law Society
- Partner Hodge Jones & Allen
- Partner Slater Gordon
- Partner Clarkson Wright & Jakes ltd
- Partner Cooper Burnett
- Partner Morrisons LLP
- Head of family Streeter Marshall
- Associate Stones
- Head of family Franklins
- Trainee/Solicitor Carpenter & Co
- Qualified Solicitor in September 1996
- Qualified Collaborative lawyer