After graduating from the University of Glasgow in 2013 with a degree in History, Fiona worked as a Tribunal Clerk within HM Courts & Tribunal Service. She completed a Graduate Diploma in Law in 2015 and the Legal Practice Course in 2016; during this time she volunteered at Liberty and Camden Community Law Centre.
Prior to undertaking her training at Hodge Jones & Allen, Fiona undertook an internship in the United States working on capital habeas appeals.
During her training contract Fiona completed seats in criminal defence, family, civil liberties and dispute resolution. In September 2019 she qualified into the civil liberties department. She is accredited police station representative and continue to represent clients at the police station.
- University of Cardiff, Police Station Representative Accreditation, 2018
- BPP Law School, Holborn: Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2015 – 2016
- BPP Law School, Waterloo: Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, 2014 – 2015
- University of Glasgow: History MA (Hons), 1st , 2009-2013
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Solicitor, September 2019 – present
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Trainee Solicitor, September 2017 – August 2019
- Capital Habeas Unit of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Internship, May 2017 – August 2017
- Hickman & Rose Solicitors, Paralegal, June 2016 – May 2017
In her spare time she enjoys travelling, going to the theatre and volunteering for a charity that seeks to broaden access to the law and legal profession.