I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2011 as a trainee solicitor. I have experience in Civil Liberties, Personal Injury and Family Law and I qualified into the Housing Law team in September 2013.
I have experience in a number of areas of Housing and Public Law, including homelessness reviews and appeals, judicial reviews, possession proceedings and disrepair claims.
I also lead the Housing Team’s partnership with the nearby Pathway Homeless Healthcare Team at University College Hospital, in which we provide urgent legal advice to vulnerable patients facing the risk of homelessness.
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), College of Law York
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation), College of Law York
- History BA (Hons) (First class), University of York
- Associate at Hodge Jones & Allen, May 2017
- Admitted as a solicitor, September 2013
- Trainee solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen, 2011-2013
- Visit to Legal Aid projects in East Africa, Summer 2011
- Legal advisor at Simpson Millar LLP, 2010 – 2011
Client et al comments
- “A passionate, empathetic, energetic, client-friendly, un-pompous solicitor with a sharp mind, an easy manner and real professional muscle. Good at what Ernest Hemingway called ‘grace under pressure”. His Honour Judge David Turner QC
- “Had such a stressful time with my local Council. The local authority literally did not want to take up responsibility but with the help of Edward Veale and the team we managed to get the local authority take responsibility howbeit with court order. Excellent professional help, they stuck with me till the end. Really recommend them.”
- “Edward Veale was kind, considerate, and very helpful at what was an extremely stressful time in our lives. He managed to win us a swift, large settlement in our housing and disrepair lawsuit. My wife and I highly recommend this firm and Mr. Veale.”
- “From start to finish I had an extremely pleasurable experience, given it was my first real experience of having to employ the services of a solicitor. An exceptionally high level of professionalism and the communication channels were fantastic at all times. I really felt that my solicitor was on my side at all times and strived to get the best possible outcome for me. At no time did I feel as though I was being a nuisance and when there were times where clarification was required it was given promptly.”
- “Mr Veale was very helpful, being calm and polite even when I was stressed out and tearful.”
- “I would like to thank you once again for helping me through this crucial time in my life. I am much thankful for your dedicated and sincere advice to my case.”
- “I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for acting on my behalf and making what was a very difficult, stressful and emotionally tiring time a lot easier. I am grateful to you that you took all the stress and restored everything out for me. Your faith, knowledge and determination were something that solves my worries. Once again, many thanks for your generous support. I am exceedingly grateful.”
- “Thank you for your excellent work and advice.”
- “I cannot express how grateful I am to you for helping to overturn the Council’s decision. I am over the moon about having a secure accommodation to call home.”
- “I appreciate and acknowledge your hard work and dedication to my case.”
Articles and Publications
Membership & Appointments
- The Housing Law Practitioners’ Association (HLPA)
I enjoy photography, skiing, playing squash and church history. What I may lack in ability in 5-a-side football I more than make up for in enthusiasm.