I joined Hodge, Jones and Allen as a housing paralegal in April 2015. I have 6 years’ experience as a litigation paralegal in a variety of organisations from in-house legal departments to private commercial practice and more recently legally aided practice.
I worked as a housing law paralegal for almost 3 years in which time I developed my expertise in homelessness matters which is my specialism. I am a tenacious individual who is passionate to assist the vulnerable who require legal representation to challenge patently wrongful decisions made in respect of their housing matter which in turn affects their human right to keep a roof over their head. I am also keen to assist those who have been declined such assistance, as I enjoy the challenge of thinking outside of the box to come up with novel solutions to assist my clients. I have run my own caseload and I have previously assisted in developing and managing the housing department at my former post at the Shepherds Bush office at Duncan Lewis which indicative of my industrious attitude. I am also able to assist clients with possession matters in respect of section 8 and section 21 notices.
I commenced my first seat as a trainee in the housing department in September 2016. I have recently provided training seminars to local authorities and other organisations in relation to homelessness as a trainee.
I moved to the crime department in March 2017 to commence my second seat in Crime. I am assisting in a range of criminal matters including extradition, fraud, sexual assault, rape, assault, murder and manslaughter under the supervision of Edward Jones and Ruth Harris.
- College of Law- Legal Practice Course (Commendation), 2008 – 2009
- University of Westminster- Law LLB (Hons) 2.1, 2005 – 2008
- Hodge Jones and Allen, April 2015 – Present
- Duncan Lewis, July 2014 – March 2015
- Myers, Fletcher and Gordon Solicitors, June 2013 – July 2014
- “I would like to take this opportunity and say a massive thank you to you and Hodge Jones & Allen for a brilliant job in taking on our case and helping me and my little one. Thanks to you we now have a roof over our heads and couldn’t be more happy!”
- “I wanted to just say thank you to you for all your help. I had the interview yesterday and as you said all the questions were based on the letter and around the priority banding. Thanks again for all of your help and best of luck with your traineeship.”
- “I deeply appreciated your help and effort you made to help my mum’s housing matter and glad the decision made by council.”
- “Vneeta is a brilliant person and I am really happy with her work. She did everything so fast and got a possible decision for me so quickly. I would love to have her as my solicitor again if anything came up.”
- “I am someone suffering from severe depression and they made me feel at ease. They dealt with my case very well. In fact I would not have been able to do it by myself. They are very helpful and caring.”
- “The service I received was excellent, fast and efficient. I was amazed at how how quickly I got results. You always answered emails and calls very quickly. Most importantly always kept me up to date with my case, made sure I understood the procedures. I would recommend yourself and your firm to anyone and everyone.”
- “You would be our first choice as you already have an understanding of the issues and the client said he felt comfortable talking to you.”