I am a trainee solicitor and commenced my first seat in Housing in September 2016. I have also completed seats in Criminal Defence and Clinical Negligence. I am currently completing my final seat in the Dispute Resolution team.
I joined Hodge, Jones and Allen LLP as a Housing paralegal in April 2015. I have 6 years’ experience as a litigation paralegal in a variety of organisations from in-house legal departments to private commercial practice and thereafter legal aid practice.
For almost 3 years I worked as a paralegal in social housing. During that time I developed my expertise in homelessness matters which is my specialism.
I am a tenacious individual and passionate to assist the vulnerable who require legal representation to challenge unlawful decisions made in respect of their housing matter which in turn risks their ability to keep a roof over their head. I am particularly keen to assist those who have been declined assistance under homelessness law, as I relish thinking outside of the box to come up with novel solutions to assist my clients.
I have run my own caseload and I have previously assisted in developing and managing the Housing department at my former post which is indicative of my industrious attitude. I am also able to assist clients with possession matters in respect of section 8 and section 21 notices.
I enjoy providing training and have provided regular seminars to local authorities and other organisations in relation to homelessness as a trainee.
- College of Law- Legal Practice Course (Commendation)
- University of Westminster- Law LLB (Hons) 2.1
- Hodge Jones and Allen, September 2016 – Trainee Solicitor
- Hodge Jones and Allen, April 2015 – Paralegal
- “I would like to take this opportunity and say a massive thank you to you and Hodge Jones & Allen for a brilliant job in taking on our case and helping me and my little one. Thanks to you we now have a roof over our heads and couldn’t be more happy!”
- “I wanted to just say thank you to you for all your help. I had the interview yesterday and as you said all the questions were based on the letter and around the priority banding. Thanks again for all of your help and best of luck with your traineeship.”
- “I deeply appreciated your help and effort you made to help my mum’s housing matter and glad the decision made by council.”
- “Vneeta is a brilliant person and I am really happy with her work. She did everything so fast and got a possible decision for me so quickly. I would love to have her as my solicitor again if anything came up.”
- “I am someone suffering from severe depression and they made me feel at ease. They dealt with my case very well. In fact I would not have been able to do it by myself. They are very helpful and caring.”
- “The service I received was excellent, fast and efficient. I was amazed at how how quickly I got results. You always answered emails and calls very quickly. Most importantly always kept me up to date with my case, made sure I understood the procedures. I would recommend yourself and your firm to anyone and everyone.”
- “You would be our first choice as you already have an understanding of the issues and the client said he felt comfortable talking to you.”