Susie has over 10 years’ experience advising businesses/employers and individuals on all kinds of employment issues and disputes. She works closely with HR and business managers to provide timely, commercial advice on people issues.
She also acts for individuals (including senior executives/directors and more junior employees) in need of employment law advice. As well as helping employees navigate their legal rights and options, she aims to provide effective, outcome-focused advice and guidance.
She has experience across a very broad range of sectors including retail, construction, commodities trading, banks and charities, acting for both companies and individuals.
Susie has particular specialisms in:
- managing complex grievances and disciplinaries, often navigating discrimination aspects;
- exit negotiations and settlement agreements;
- restructuring programmes and redundancies;
- ACAS conciliation and defending Employment Tribunal claims (including claims of employee/worker status);
- drafting employment contracts, consultancy agreements, incentive arrangements, staff handbooks and policies;
- GDPR policies and handling DSARs
- restrictive covenant enforcement;
- negotiating TUPE/employment aspects of business transfers and outsourcing;
- delivering bespoke training.
Through her involvement with international legal networks, she also has extensive experience advising overseas organisations on the employment law aspects of expansion into the UK.
Her clients know me as plain-speaking, pragmatic and determined.
- “Susie Al-Qassab was helping me throughout my recent redundancy case. She was very professional, approachable, patient and efficient in a very stressful process. Susie always responded very quickly, she went above and beyond during a few tricky situations. I would not be able to deal with my case without her help. I can confidently recommend Susie to anyone who seeks legal advice regarding employment.”
- “At a time when I was a little uncertain about how to proceed Susie AQ was a professional and dependable confidante. I would thoroughly recommend her if you need someone in your corner guiding your thought process and making course corrections as appropriate. Many thanks Susie”
- “At a time when I was a little uncertain about how to proceed Susie was a professional and dependable confidante. I would thoroughly recommend her if you need someone in your corner guiding your thought process and making course corrections as appropriate. Many thanks Susie”
- “Susie was most helpful and professional throughout. Excellent service and highly recommended.”
- “Susie was top class from our first call to our last. She provided real reassurance to me that areas I didn’t understand or wouldn’t have considered were been captured and dealt with, and was always available and took time however simple or trivial some of my doubts may have been! Would highly recommend her.”
- “I wanted to thank you Susie for the outstanding service you provided while working on this case. Your clear explanations made it so easy for me to understand all the intricacies of the document I was going to sign.” Mr B, London
Memberships and Appointments
- Employment Lawyers Association
Articles & Publications
- Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, Partner – November 2018 to present
- Howard Kennedy LLP, Associate and Senior Associate – January 2013 to October 2018
- Finers Stephens Innocent LLP, Associate – September 2006 to January 2013
- Procter & Gamble, Senior Manager Consumer and Market Knowledge – September 1998 to September 2004
- College of Law London GDL and LPC (Distinction)
- University of Warwick BA Hons 1st class
In her spare time Susie coaches minis rugby and you’re likely to find her at Ronnie Scotts or the Jazz Café. She hails from Cornwall so love all things Cornish!