I have over 10 years’ experience advising businesses/employers and individuals on all kinds of employment issues and disputes.
I work closely with HR and business managers to provide timely, commercial advice on people issues, including;
- managing complex grievances and disciplinaries, often navigating discrimination aspects;
- exit negotiations and settlement agreements;
- restructuring programmes and redundancies;
- ACAS conciliation and defending Employment Tribunal claims (including claims of employee/worker status);
- drafting employment contracts, consultancy agreements, incentive arrangements, staff handbooks and policies;
- GDPR policies and handling DSARs
- restrictive covenant enforcement;
- negotiating TUPE/employment aspects of business transfers and outsourcing;
- delivering bespoke training.
I also act for individuals (including senior executives/directors and more junior employees) affected by all of the above issues. As well as helping employees navigate their legal rights and options, I aim to provide effective, outcome-focused advice and guidance.
I have experience across a very broad range of sectors including retail, construction, commodities trading, banks and charities, acting for both companies and individuals.
Through my involvement with international legal networks, I also have extensive experience advising overseas organisations on the employment law aspects of expansion into the UK.
My clients know me as plain-speaking, pragmatic and determined.
- College of Law London GDL and LPC (Distinction)
- University of Warwick BA Hons 1st class
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Partner – November 2018 to present
- Howard Kennedy LLP, Associate and Senior Associate – January 2013 to October 2018
- Finers Stephens Innocent LLP, Associate – September 2006 to January 2013
- Procter & Gamble, Senior Manager Consumer and Market Knowledge – September 1998 to September 2004
- “Susie was top class from our first call to our last. She provided real reassurance to me that areas I didn’t understand or wouldn’t have considered were been captured and dealt with, and was always available and took time however simple or trivial some of my doubts may have been! Would highly recommend her.”
- “I wanted to thank you Susie for the outstanding service you provided while working on this case. Your clear explanations made it so easy for me to understand all the intricacies of the document I was going to sign.” Mr B, London
Memberships and Appointments
- Employment Lawyers Association
In my spare time I coach minis rugby and you’re likely to find me at Ronnie Scotts or the Jazz Café. I hail from Cornwall so love all things Cornish!