I am a partner in the Family Law team specialising exclusively in family law matters since qualifying as a solicitor in 2001. I have been accredited by Resolution as a specialist family lawyer in financial matters and private matters involving children. Resolution is a national organization of family lawyers respected by judges and other family law professionals.
I specialise in the following matters:
- International Surrogacy (both in bringing the family back to the country after a foreign surrogacy arrangement and also in obtaining the necessary Parental Order upon their return).
- International and Inter-Country Adoption (including those adoptions that are Hague adoptions and also those adoptions that are not Hague adoptions).
- International relocation of children (acting both for the parent who wishes to relocate and the parent who opposes the relocation).
- International child abduction.
I also have expertise in the following areas of practice:
- Pre-marital agreements (prenuptial and pre-civil partnership).
- Cohabitation agreements and disputes arising from the breakdown of cohabitation.
- Divorce and divorces with an international element.
- Matrimonial finances – all aspects especially mid-high net worth, those matters with an international element and those matters involving third parties intervening in the main proceedings.
- Financial provision following an overseas divorce.
- Variation of previous financial orders.
- Private law matters concerning children.
I am a strong negotiator, proactive and act with commitment towards my clients. I am also a strong litigator if needs require, committed to the guidelines set down by Resolution to resolve cases as amicably, fairly and as cost effectively as possible. As a trained collaborative lawyer, I encourage clients to resolve matters on this basis if appropriate on the facts of an individual case.
Being of South Asian descent, I have represented many individuals from various South Asian communities. I understand the cultural implications of divorcing, separating and other family related matters within these communities.
- “…I got to see my daughter for the first time on Saturday. I’ll continue to see her once a month and hopefully build a solid relationship with her. Thanks for your efforts in getting us to this point! It’s very much appreciated as I may not have had the opportunity at all without you…”
- “…I just wanted to let you know that my adoption has now been approved…. Thank you, so very much for all your assistance. Your calm and reassuring expertise on the subject was a tremendous help to both me and my wife during a particularly stressful time…”
- “…Please accept this as my personal thanks to you. I cannot express how grateful I am to you for being both effective and genuine. I’d like to thank you for taking your time explaining matters to me and your innovative approaches have ensured the divorce has come through on my terms…”
- “…Thank you for your excellent support and professional services…”
- “…Thank you for your time and wise counsel…”
- “…My husband was seeking a divorce after 17 years of marriage. I had no idea that there was anything wrong in our relationship and our 14 year old daughter and I were devastated. You were reassuring and understood my situation straight away. The calm manner and efficient dealings of my matter was a huge help during this very difficult time. This last year has been so difficult, navigating through the ‘mine field’ of divorce while caring for my 14 year old and holding down a job, but thanks to your professional advice and kindness life is settled now and I am in a much better place…”
- Legal Practice Course at the College of Law London (1998)
- Common Professional Exam at the College of Law London (1997)
- BA Law and Social Anthropology at the School of Oriental and African Studies University of London (1996).
- Partner at Hodge Jones & Allen (March 2017 to date)
- Senior Associate at Rollingsons Solicitors Ltd (September 2015 to March 2017)
- Head of Family Law at Rollingsons Solicitors Ltd (April 2009 to September 2015)
- Associate Solicitor at R.R. Sanghvi & Co (September 2007 to April 2009)
- Assistant Solicitor at Pictons Solicitors LLP (September 2003 to September 2007)
- Challenor Gardiner Solicitors (January 2001 to September 2003)
- Qualified as a solicitor (December 2001)
Membership & Appointments
- Accredited Member of Resolution