I have been working in legal practice for over 6 years and I qualified as a solicitor in March 2012, before joining Hodge Jones & Allen in April 2015.
I specialise in personal injury and medical negligence claims and I am currently assisting with a multi-party action (86 clients) relating to the Pandemrix H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine. The claimants all have narcolepsy (a serious incurable neurological disorder).
My clinical negligence work has involved a wide range of medical disciplines including ophthalmology, neurology, oncology, plastic surgery, orthopaedic surgery, vascular surgery, cardiology, hepatology, gynaecology, obstetrics, radiology, dentistry, podiatry, emergency medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general practice and urology.
I have acted for individuals bringing claims in respect of allegedly negligent treatment provided by general practitioners, NHS hospital trusts, private physicians, private surgeons and dentists.
My practice also covers product liability claims in respect of defective medical products and high value personal injury claims.
I am an experienced negotiator and able to provide legal services under a range of funding arrangements including legal aid, conditional fee agreements, before the event legal expenses insurance and private funding agreements in the High Court and the County Court.
In addition, I also represent bereaved families at Inquests and at Preliminary Inquest Reviews.
- College of Law, Guildford – Legal Practice Course (2008 – 2009)
- Aberystwyth University – BA (Hons) (Law) (2005 – 2008)
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones and Allen, April 2015 to present
- Solicitor, Blackburn & Co, 2012 – 2015
- Trainee Solicitor, Blackburn & Co, 2010 – 2012
- Paralegal, Blackburn & Co, 2010
- Case Worker, Edward Hayes Solicitors, 2009 – 2010
- “We cannot express enough, the gratitude for the amazing support through extremely stressful times. Always professional and understanding. Peter Todd and Emily Welstead, you got us through it! Thank you!”