I joined Hodge Jones and Allen as a paralegal in 2009. Following the completion of my legal training, I qualified as a solicitor in 2013.
As a member of the Civil Liberties department, I specialise in civil actions and human rights claims against the police and other public authorities; Inquests following deaths in custody; compensation applications for victims of miscarriage of justice; judicial review challenges and personal injury claims.
I have a particular interest in civil actions resulting from police misconduct at public demonstrations; where protesters rights to freedom of assembly and expression have been compromised. I have acted for victims of police misconduct at the 2009 G20 anti-capitalism demonstrations; the 2011 ‘Royal Wedding’ anti-monarchist demonstrations; the Critical Mass bicycle ride during the London Olympics opening ceremony; anti-deportation demonstrations at Colnbrook Immigration Detention Centre and numerous anti-austerity demonstrations.
- LPC, University of Law, London Bloomsbury, September 2008 – 2010 (Distinction)
- GDL, College of Law, Chester, 2006 – 2008
- Management & Information Systems BSc Hons: Queens University Belfast, 2000 – 2004
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 2013
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Trainee Solicitor, 2011-2013
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Paralegal, 2009-2011
- McKeowns Solicitors, 2006-09
Membership & Appointments
- Police Action Lawyers Group
I enjoy travel, photography, football, live music and collecting records.