I am a Partner and Head of Employment Law. I regularly represent clients on claims brought in the Employment Tribunal for unfair dismissal and all types of discrimination. I have particular experience of advising on sex discrimination and equal pay cases, executive exits and severance packages, disciplinary and grievance matters, settlement agreements, redundancies, restrictive covenants, drafting and reviewing employment contracts and policies and the transfer of undertakings regulations. I act for both employers and employees.
- Nottingham Law School – 1996 – 1997 – Legal Practice Course
- Liverpool University – 1992 -1996 – LLB Law and French
- Head of Employment, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2013 – present
- Senior Associate, Squire Sanders, 2010 – 2013
- Senior Associate, Herbert Smith, 2002 – 2010
- Trainee and Associate, Wragge & Co, 1998-2002
- “I used this firm of solicitors to assist in a corporate matter. They were fast, efficient and helped my case immensely. I would highly recommend.”
- “A long and sometimes bumpy road, but glad it seems to be coming to a conclusion! Thanks for everything on this Rhian – we have really appreciated your advice and counsel throughout this process.”
- “I would like to thank you for all the hard work you have put into my case. At all times you have always given me sound advice, of which I am grateful. I would like to wish you all the very best for the future and I would definitely recommend you to friends, if they should ever need an employment lawyer.”
- “I am just writing to formally thank HJA for your thorough and efficient work on my behalf with my redundancy settlement agreement – even ‘the other side’ commented on your professionalism. It has not been a great couple of years for me, but without HJA’s advices and action, I know I would be in a far worse place both emotionally and financially.”
- “I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to you both for taking my case and for acting with such diligence, care and attention during what has been a very difficult time for me. It was extremely reassuring to know that I had a legal team that I could trust implicitly to act in my best interests, and I am very grateful for all your help”.
- “You have kept me strong and confident and regardless of the outcome of this nightmare, I would like you to know that you have been great and a solid support and guidance. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart and congratulations for today’s victory”.
- “Your help and support was invaluable and I’m in your debt. Thank you so much.”
- “Professional, supportive and clear sighted”.
- “Combines legal knowledge with a practical commercial approach”.
- “Thanks again for your help on the settlement. Very pleased with the outcome.”
- “Thank you for your assistance in this mater, you have been a wonderful help.”
Articles and Publications
Membership & Appointments
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Citymothers Network
In my spare time, I enjoy scuba diving, running, travel and returning home to Wales.