I qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Since qualifying I have specialised in employment law with a particular focus on discrimination claims. I advise both employees and employers.
My employee clients range from company directors and senior executives to junior employees. I regularly defend individuals who are subject to performance reviews or are facing allegations of misconduct and have secured reinstatement for individuals dismissed for gross misconduct.
I have a particular expertise in conducting complex workplace discrimination claims involving sex, maternity, race, and religious discrimination and have secured numerous high-value settlements against large multinationals, including financial institutions and PLCs. I also advise on unfair dismissals, contractual disputes and restrictive covenants.
I regularly negotiate termination agreements on behalf of my clients. When doing so my focus is to maximise the settlement sums whilst minimising stress to the client.
My employer clients have ranged from large companies to SMEs, charities and NGOs. I advise on policies and procedures. I take a common sense yet thorough approach when guiding employers through capability procedures, grievances and disciplinary proceedings and robustly defend legal claims in court. I offer training to companies on a wide variety of HR issues, such as best practice when recruiting and disciplining employees, how to handle grievances and steps to take to protect the organisation from complaints and legal claims from staff.
- “Homa was recommended to me by a good friend and work colleague on hearing about the difficulties I was going through at work at the time – I am so glad he put me in touch with her. During what was a very stressful period in my life, Homa advised me every step of the way and above all made absolutely sure that I was totally clear at all times as to where I stood legally and what action needed to be taken. Homa formulated a clear strategy in order to deal with the matter, which resulted in a very positive outcome for me both personally and financially. If anyone has an employment issue I totally recommend they speak to Homa Wilson as soon as possible.” Mr M, Buckinghamshire.
- “I came to Homa for advice when I was put at risk of redundancy. She was fantastically helpful and friendly, and I am so appreciative of how much time she spent explaining the various issues to me, so that I thoroughly understood my legal position. She advised what I should do at every step of the way and in a short time helped me to achieve a great settlement package. I would recommend Homa without hesitation!” Sarah Brown, London
- “I was at risk of immediate dismissal and accused of gross misconduct when I came to Homa for help. Within a month she achieved a brilliant compensation package for me. My calls and emails were responded to very promptly, I was always kept updated about the progress of my case. She showed genuine care for me and guided me through a difficult and stressful situation. I am very grateful and impressed by the level of professionalism she displayed. Wow!” Ms S, Essex
- King’s College London – LLB/Law
- The College of Law – LPC
- Senior Associate at Hodge Jones & Allen (2016 – present)
- Solicitor at Slater and Gordon (2008 – 2016)
- Solicitor at Webster Dixon LLP (2006 – 2008)
- Trainee at Edwards Duthie (2004 – 2006)
Articles and Publications
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Association of Women Solicitors
- Black Solicitors Network
I enjoy travelling, Kendo, painting portraits and hope to climb Mount Fuji soon. I am also a board member of a domestic violence charity called Kiran Support Services.