About Claire Kitchen
Claire is a partner in the Dispute Resolution department. She acts for clients who have commercial disputes, and also carries out fraud litigation, defamation litigation and contentious probate.
Claire qualified and practised in the North of England for many years, before coming to London in 2014. From a very early stage in her career Claire specialised in multi jurisdictional high value dispute resolution, and has been involved with several high profile cases, many involving allegations of fraud and dishonesty.
Claire has several years’ experience in good quality, high value complex litigation cases, including contested insolvency, and cases relating to negligence against professionals. She has also acted in many cases involving contested trusts and probate. One of her specialisms relates to claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975.
- Golding -v- HMRC and Milton 
- Customs and Excise Commissioners v S  EWCA Crim 2374
Memberships & Appointments
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
- Fraud Lawyers Association
Articles & Publications
- Thomson Reuters – Committal for contempt
- Thomson Reuters – “Knowledge” under section 14A of the Limitation Act 1980 considered
Career & Education
- Partner, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, 2017
- Senior Associate, Fletcher Day, 2015
- Solicitor, BHP Law, 2012
- Associate Solicitor, Brooke North, 2006
- Solicitor, Ashton Morton Slack 2002
- Trainee Solicitor, Hayes Son and Richmond 2000
- University of Sheffield – Legal Practice Course 1999
- University of Sheffield – 1997 LL.M
- University of Teesside – 1993 -1996 LL.B (Hons) 2:1