If you serve in the Armed Forces, just like any other employer, the Ministry of Defence is legally responsible for making sure that you are provided with safe and suitable equipment, given proper training and competent properly trained colleagues who do not put you at risk.
Hodge Jones & Allen is renowned for its pioneering work defending the rights of military personnel. We won a landmark case in 2013 (the Snatch land rover case) which decided that the MoD may be sued in negligence in relation to inadequate equipment. Our extensive knowledge of military injury claims allows us to hold military authorities to account when they have acted unlawfully.
You may have a case for compensation if you suffer an avoidable injury in the course of duty, for example due to:
1.Training exercises and operations abroad
2. Faulty or inadequate equipment
3. Traffic accidents
4. Poor training
5. Air accidents
6. Poor medical care
7. Inadequate response to post traumatic stress disorder
8. Negligent downgrading
9. Hot or cold conditions
10. Assault, bullying and harassment
Our skilled Personal Injury solicitors go to extraordinary lengths to secure the maximum compensation our clients deserve, securing their futures and helping them rebuild their lives. We also know that it’s not just about the money. We work hard to get to the bottom of what went wrong and hold those responsible to account, arguing for changes in procedure to spare others from suffering in similar circumstances.
We can also advise you on making a claim through the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme, and we can appeal their decisions. The scheme provides compensation, irrespective of fault, across the full range of circumstances in which illness, injury or death may arise as a result of Service.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other mental health issues, may affect members of the armed forces because they often get exposed to very extreme and life threatening situations. The MoD must put in place sufficient measures to treat those that are affected and should be alert to the signs and symptoms, including for instance anger and alcohol problems. Unfortunately sometimes the MoD’s response is inadequate. We are currently representing a client who was deployed on active service again whilst suffering from PTSD because it was undiagnosed. We have a long-standing record of helping military personnel and their families with claims for compensation against the Ministry of Defence for PTSD.
This debilitating condition can severely affect your quality of life and have a very negative impact on not only your finances and earnings, but also your own future mental health. If you have been involved in a traumatic event whilst in the military, and you are now suffering from PTSD, you should contact us for advice on making a personal injury claim for compensation.
The financial compensation that you may receive will be awarded to assist with the distress and pain you have suffered. It will also help to cover any loss of earnings including assistance to pay for rehabilitation and therapy costs. Our specialist Personal Injury team is skilled in this complex area of law and we can get the answers needed to build the best possible case for compensation.
Hodge Jones & Allen has acted for members of the armed forces in these recent cases:
1. We represent a former Royal Marine in his claim for compensation from the MOD arising out of an incident on a military base which has left him with permanent hearing loss and tinnitus. Our client has since been medically discharged from the Royal Marines and left unable to continue with his military career as a result of the injuries suffered.
2. We are engaged in a highly complex compensation claim on behalf of a soldier who suffers from severe fibromyalgia (widespread pain) caused by injuries sustained during a training exercise. Fibromyalgia can be a debilitating condition, as it is in his case, and we are assisting him in seeking compensation and long-term care provision.
3. A member of the Armed Forces suffered a fractured shoulder when the brakes failed on the quad bike he was riding. He was provided with the bike to set up an army training exercise. We are currently representing the soldier in an on-going claim for compensation..
Our Specialist Armed Forces Personal Injury Solicitors are backed by four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of Military Claims Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving the best possible results. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0808 250 6017 today.
Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:
Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
|Phone:||0800 437 0322|
|Fax:||020 7388 2106|
|Address:||Hodge Jones & Allen LLP 180 North Gower Street London NW1 2NB|