CALL 0800 437 0322 FREE 24 hours a day
Submit enquiry

Slips in Public Places

If you have slipped or tripped and have suffered an injury in a public place within the last three years, you may be eligible for compensation.
Such an injury may cause you to suffer a minor injury, or potentially something more serious. This can often include injuries such as:

As well as the above-listed injuries, there may be other injuries that may be caused by having an accident. As a result, there is a good chance that you will be eligible to claim for compensation if you’ve suffered a trip or fall whilst out in a public place.


The most common locations for people to trip or slip in public include:

  • Pavements/Public Highway
  • Parks
  • Playgrounds
  • Schools and colleges
  • Council offices and other premises
  • Garages, car showrooms
  • Car parks

The place where you slip or trip could either be owned by the Local Authority or a private company. Whichever it is, land owners have a duty to make sure their premises are safe for visitors to use. If the floors or surfaces are broken, uneven or dangerous, and cause you an injury, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim.

If it is owned by the Local Authority, you will be making a claim against them, and if it occurs on a private company’s property, you will be making a claim against them.


As every injury is personal, the amount of compensation you can potentially claim will be personal to you. However, to get a quick estimation on the amount of compensation you could be entitled to, you might find it helpful to try our Compensation Calculator.


Injuries caused by tripping and slipping accidents can be very serious and have long-term effects, such as requiring you to have long-term care even after the rehabilitation period or even forcing you to register as being disabled.

On occasions, minor injuries may also affect your daily life and your ability to work.

Our London based team of specialist personal injury solicitors are experts in personal injury claims and can offer sound legal assistance on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve.

Our approach to customer service means that our personal injury lawyers will always fight tenaciously to ensure you get the compensation you deserve, so please contact us today and we’ll be happy to discuss your case on a strictly confidential, no obligation basis. From there, we’ll be able to assess your situation and advise you on what you should proceed with and what your next steps should be.

Our personal injury and slips in public places compensation specialists are part of our London based personal injury slips and trips team. We have four decades of experience helping clients from around the UK with a wide variety of legal matters. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0800 437 0322.

Our Personal Injury Solicitors are backed by four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of London Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving favourable client outcomes. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0800 437 0322 today.

Request a FREE callback

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

By ticking the following box I am giving Hodge Jones and Allen consent to process my personal data for the purpose of this enquiry.

Full details of our privacy policy is available here

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
180 North Gower Street