CALL 0800 437 0322 FREE 24 hours a day
Submit enquiry

Passenger Injury Compensation

Being involved in a traffic accident can be a very frightening experience. Often, it’s the drivers who are the first to be considered after a road traffic accident but, passengers can also suffer the same, and sometimes even more severe injuries than the driver.

You may think that as a passenger of a car, bus or taxi you cannot make a personal injury claim if you’re involved in a road traffic accident. The truth is, you can make a claim for compensation against both the negligence of another party, such as the driver of the vehicle that has crashed into the vehicle you were travelling in, as well as even potentially against the driver of the vehicle you were travelling in if the recklessness of their driving led to the accident taking place.

You can also possibly make a claim depending on the condition of the road and if it has contributed to an accident that doesn’t involve any other vehicles. This can also include poor street or road lighting helping to contribute to causing an accident. These claims will be against the local authority who is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the road conditions.


When estimating the value of personal injury claims, there are usually many factors that need to be considered. You can start with the Compensation Calculator. The main factors to be considered will be the extent and severity of your injuries, and how long it will take you to recover including whether or not you might suffer from ongoing symptoms or chronic pain.


There are numerous types of injuries that a passenger can suffer when being involved in a road traffic accident. Injuries suffered by passengers can include:


When you are injured the first thing you should do is seek expert medical care so a doctor can determine the extent of your injuries, provide treatment and hopefully ensure a speedy recovery.

If possible, you should also document the accident scene with photography and report the accident to the police as well to ensure that their testimonial can be used during the claims process if necessary.

Our specialist team of personal injury solicitors can offer sound legal assistance on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact our London based team for a free, no obligation consultation. We will be able to assess your situation and advise you on your next steps and whether to proceed with a claim for compensation.

Our passenger injury compensation specialists are part of our London based car and road accident claims team. We have four decades of experience helping clients from around the UK with a wide variety of legal matters. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0800 437 0322.

Our Personal Injury Solicitors are backed by four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of London Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving favourable client outcomes. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0800 437 0322 today.

Request a FREE callback

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

By ticking the following box I am giving Hodge Jones and Allen consent to process my personal data for the purpose of this enquiry.

Full details of our privacy policy is available here

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
180 North Gower Street