When you go to a solicitor for help you have the right to expect a reasonable quality of service. In most cases, solicitors and their clients enjoy good working relationships and get to a satisfactory result. But when a solicitor makes a mistake, the knock-on effects can be serious and expensive, so you may have a claim for professional negligence.
Examples of solicitor professional negligence include:
- Missing important time limits
- Under-settling a claim
- Poorly drafted wills, resulting in hardship or losses
- Bad advice resulting in additional and unnecessary costs
- Failing to advise on a property transaction correctly
- Failing to properly draft and serve documents