CALL 0800 437 0322 FREE 24 hours a day
Submit enquiry

Read our blog

Divorce and Financial Proceedings: How Do They Work Together?

Emma Jayne Rudland

Posted by Emma-Jayne Rudland | Trainee
On 25th April 2019

Clients seeking legal advice about a divorce will almost always want to understand how the financial dealings and divorce process will work together.Firstly, divorce and finances are two separate legal procedures. You can have a divorce without dealing with finances, but you cannot have a full and final agreement on finances that is legally binding unless you also have a divorce. Our specialist Family solicitors will always advise you to deal with your finances at the same time as the divorce.

Read more

Do people snoop more on their partners because of technology and social media?

Jacqueline Major

Posted by Jacqueline Major | Partner
On 8th April 2019

We have recently noticed an increasing trend in clients coming to us after they found evidence of cheating on their partner’s mobile phone or social media accounts. We wanted to find out whether snooping on your partner was common, and what people perceive as cheating, so we commissioned a survey. The research showed that a high proportion of people – 35 per cent – have checked their partner’s mobile phone, with four in ten of those doing so once a week. Perhaps most shocking was that one in five men who snoop admitted to using their partner’s fingerprint while they were sleeping to access their mobile device.

Read more

What are the options for dealing with your finances in a divorce?

Jacqueline Major

Posted by Jacqueline Major | Partner
On 20th March 2019

Any good family law solicitor will always advise you to deal with finances at the same time as the divorce, as otherwise either you or your spouse could make financial claims against the other in the future. The only way to have full and final settlement of finances is with a divorce AND a court order specifying how capital, i.e. property, pensions, savings, and income is to be divided.

Read more

What Orders can the Court make in relation to children?

Lisa Okoroafor

Posted by Lisa Okoroafor | Solicitor
On 18th March 2019

As family lawyers we’re often asked ‘how can I apply to have my child live with me? And ‘what can I do if my ex prevents me from spending time with my child?

Separation may involve animosity between the parents and it is often difficult to make arrangements for the children to spend time with both parents. Rather than parents focusing on their rights, it is always important to consider what is best for the child. This is the approach adopted by the Court. The child’s welfare is the paramount consideration.

Read more

Request a FREE callback

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

By ticking the following box I am giving Hodge Jones and Allen consent to process my personal data for the purpose of this enquiry.

Full details of our privacy policy is available here

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
180 North Gower Street