CALL 0800 437 0322 FREE 24 hours a day
Submit enquiry

Challenging Decisions

When a local authority makes an unlawful decision on housing, we have a highly successful record of reversing their decisions through legal challenges in the Courts. This is process is known as judicial review.

We have helped Council tenants or those in need of housing, by challenging the Council’s unlawful failure to:

  • Provide suitable accommodation for families, or tenants with special needs or disabilities
  • House vulnerable people who have been refused accommodation by the local authority following a homelessness application
  • Comply with its housing duties and obligations under the Children Act
  • Provider temporary accommodation pending a decision on a homelessness application
  • Provide housing following a referral to social services

There are many more examples where local authorities have been known to act unlawfully and where judicial review can provide an effective remedy.

This complex area of law requires specialist representation. We appreciate the importance of securing a good outcome for all our clients. If you believe your local authority is acting unlawfully in relation to your housing case, or you simply need to understand if you have grounds to challenge your council, please contact us to see if we can help.

Hodge Jones & Allen are recognised as one of the highest ranking law firms for social housing and tenant law in the UK. We are one of only four firms in the UK to be listed as a Tier 1 firm for this area of law in the Legal 500 guide. We are also recommended as a leading team in housing law by Chambers UK.

You will find our solicitors are passionately committed to defending the rights of those in need of housing. We will fight rigorously to get the best possible result we can achieve.

Case Study

Hodge Jones & Allen issued a claim for judicial review against a local authority for failing to provide temporary accommodation for a single mother with five children fleeing domestic violence from her husband. The local authority conceded the claim and provided accommodation before further Court action was required.

Our Social Housing Solicitors are backed by four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of London Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving favourable client outcomes. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0800 437 0322 today.

Request a FREE callback

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

By ticking the following box I am giving Hodge Jones and Allen consent to process my personal data for the purpose of this enquiry.

Full details of our privacy policy is available here

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
180 North Gower Street