Cycling and Bike Accident Compensation Claims
Cyclists on the road are vulnerable and exposed, making an injury after an accident on a bike highly likely. Whatever the nature of your injury, be it a simple fracture or catastrophic it will have a severe impact not only you but your family. Our Personal injury solicitors based in London have been fighting for over 40 years on behalf of cyclists who have suffered serious injuries as a result of another person’s negligence. We strive to make the process as simple and clear as possible, putting our clients’ needs at the centre of the process. If you have been involved in a bicycle accident and would like to speak to one of our experts please call 0800 437 0322 or request call back.
What should you do if you have had a cycling accident?
- Clearly the priority is to seek immediate medical attention for any injuries you may have incurred.
- After receiving any medical attention, it is a good idea to write down the facts of the accident in case you need to remember later on
- Collect the full contact details including the postal addresses and telephone numbers of all parties involved in the accident
- Collect contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- Where possible, take pictures of the accident scene as well, including getting the registration plates of the vehicles involved
Remember to report the accident to the police, which can help with assisting your claim for compensation.
How can Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors help me?
- Depending on the severity of your accident there are many ways in which a solicitor can help you seek financial compensation to reduce any losses for you and assist with paying for medical and other expenses.
- We specialise in dealing with cyclists who have had more serious injuries and work with families and medical professionals as a team to make sure our clients’ needs are addressed.
- Our solicitors can help take some of the burden off families by obtaining financial assistance from the negligent person’s insurance company, in the form of interim payments to help with expenses which have been incurred as a result.
- Sometimes there is treatment or rehabilitation which is not available on the NHS but this can form part of the compensation package so you can access it at no cost to you.
- It is not uncommon in cycling accidents for the bicycle to be ruined and unusable and again this can form part of the compensation claim.
- We work on a No Win No Fee agreement which means there is no financial risk to our clients.
If you would like to speak to our team, please call 0800 437 0322 or request call back.
What type of compensations can I claim for?
Our specialist London based team of solicitors offer sound legal assistance on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis to work with you to pursue the compensation you deserve at no financial risk. When you get in touch with us, we will gain full details of the incident to assess your situation. We will advise you as to whether you would be able to make a claim and your next steps.
When it comes to claims for bicycle accidents, you are able to claim for general and/or special damages.
General damages refers to the accident and actual injury that you have received as the result of a motorcycle accident, including:
- Pain caused by the accident, including short, medium and long-term physical pain
- Mental trauma and stress caused by the accident
- Ongoing health issues that may affect your quality of life on a potentially permanent basis
Special damages refers to all of the issues not related to the physical aspects of the personal injury received after a road traffic accident. These include:
- Loss of earnings from having to give up work or missing work as a direct result of your accident
- Medical costs that can include ongoing treatment and the cost of medication
- Ongoing care, such as physiotherapy or assistance at home
- Travel costs that may have been incurred whilst receiving medical care
How much compensation could I receive?
As every injury is personal, the amount of compensation you could potentially receive will be personal to you.
If you would like to make a claim for your cycling injury, please get in touch to speak with one of our trusted personal injury lawyers. We have a huge amount of experience in handling these claims and our caring, experienced personal injury solicitors will do everything they can to help you win your case.
Why choose Hodge Jones & Allen?
- Specialist Award winning team of personal injury lawyers
- A great reputation – Our personal injury solicitors have been highly ranked in the legal directories the Legal 500 UK and Chambers & Partners UK due to our excellent track record. The Legal 500 has stated the “‘excellent’ and ‘committed’ practice is ‘a growing and impressive force in high-value personal injury work’ and has ‘a strong team of dedicated performers who work enormously hard and with tremendous diligence’”
- Accredited – We are very proud to say we are APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) and The Law Society Personal Injury accredited
- Our clients would recommend us – We have maintained some great relationships with our clients and helped them through tough times. If you would like to see what they say we encourage all our past clients to leave a review on TrustPilot.
If you or a family member has had a cycling accident and you would like to have a free conversation with one of our specialist personal injury solicitors please call 0800 437 0322 or request a call back online.