CALL 0800 437 0322 FREE 24 hours a day
Submit enquiry

Property Repairs

Disputes can often arise over repairs carried out on a property. Our highly regarded team of specialist property lawyers can help you resolve these disputes.

As a freeholder, you may need leaseholders to pay for maintenance works or secure agreement over the type of repairs needed for a property. As a leaseholder, you might need help to challenge unreasonable service charges or you may need to contest the freeholders failure to carry out works on the property.

If you are a tenant, by law your landlord has to keep your home in good repair. If your landlord is not meeting this obligation, we can take legal action to ensure repairs are carried out.

Hodge Jones & Allen is recognised as one of the highest ranking law firms for housing law by leading legal publications. We are ranked as a tier 1 firm in the Legal 500 and recommended as a leading firm for housing law by Chambers UK.

To enquire about legal advice on property repairs, contact the team to find out how we can help.


Our team of expert property solicitors provide advice on the rights and obligations of landlords, such as:

  • Securing payment from leaseholders for major improvement works under the terms of the lease
  • Consultation requirements on landlords before carrying out building work
  • Recovery of service charges owed
  • Presenting your case to a Lease Valuation Tribunal or Court
  • Defending a claim brought by tenants or leaseholders for damages arising from disrepair


We have a vast amount of experience helping leaseholders in a number of ways:

  • Challenging excessive or unreasonable service charges
  • Remedy for inadequate freeholder and leaseholder consultation before levying charges or major works
  • Disputing the need to carry out works
  • Ensuring works are carried out properly
  • Challenging the freeholders failure to carry out repairs


If you are a tenant, by law your landlord has to keep your home in good repair. Your landlord’s obligation to repair extends to the exterior of your home and installations within your home, for example a leaking roof, falling masonry, no heating or hot water. Your landlord also has to take reasonable steps to prevent rodent, cockroach or other infestations within your home.

If you have reported your complaints to your landlord and your landlord is refusing to inspect your home and carry out works, we can help you obtain a Court Order forcing your landlord to do the works, pay you compensation and pay your legal costs.

If you are living in unpleasant conditions, this can be very stressful for you and your family. This is when you need expert help on your side. We will work with you to achieve a successful and swift outcome.

Our Property Disputes Solicitors are backed by four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of London Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving favourable client outcomes. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0800 437 0322 today.

Request a FREE callback

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

By ticking the following box I am giving Hodge Jones and Allen consent to process my personal data for the purpose of this enquiry.

Full details of our privacy policy is available here

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
180 North Gower Street