History, Vision and Values
- Founded in 1977 by Henry Hodge, Peter Jones & Patrick Allen.
- First offices in Camden High Street, London.
- Initially, the firm specialised in criminal defence, family, private client work and general litigation, most of which was funded by legal aid.
- We moved to new offices in Twyman House, Camden Road in 1997. Offices opened by Cherie Booth, who worked for the firm early in her career.
- Over the years, our firm has been involved in many high profile group actions fighting for individuals and their right to justice.
- Patrick Allen was the first managing partner.
- Throughout the years, recognised by independent experts, legal directories and others for its leading solicitors and trail-blazing approach.
- 40 years on and Patrick Allen remains in charge.
- Today, Hodge Jones & Allen employs around 220 employees.
- The firm provides legal advice and support in fourteen distinct areas of law – Civil Liberties, Criminal Defence, Employment, Family Law, Wills and Probate, Court of Protection, Medical Negligence, Military Claims, Personal Injury, Property Disputes, Serious Fraud, Dispute Resolution, Industrial Disease and Social Housing.
We strive to provide first class legal services to our clients, by recruiting and retaining the most able specialist lawyers to work with our clients, to get the best outcome.
We assist our clients to defend or assert their legal rights, against any opponent – no matter how powerful – employing the best funding mechanism available.
- We believe our success is based on key core values which we work to, every day.
- Dedication to our clients.
- Commitment to being an employer of choice by providing career development.
- Regular development through training and development.
- Respecting every individual.
- Maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Ensuring that the legal services offered by the firm meet the needs of a culturally and socially diverse community.