CALL 0800 437 0322 9am to 6pm – Mon to Fri
Submit enquiry


I have been exposed to asbestos, what should I do?

If you believe that you have been exposed to asbestos fibres at work then you should consider taking the following actions:

  • Request a copy of your firms’ arrangements for dealing with asbestos
  • Check all staff know of the arrangements individual responsibilities
  • Report the exposure to your GP
  • If you are a member of a union, report the exposure to them.
  • Ensure you have reported the incident to your employer and take part in any investigation. Request a copy of the final report and record action taken
  • Request a copy of any HSE report or recommendation.

What if the company I work for no longer exists?

A claim can still be brought against a defunct company. They can be restored to Companies Register. This would be possible if the insurer for the company at the time of your exposure were known and able to meet the claim

Request a FREE consultation

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen LLP
180 North Gower Street