Hodge Jones & Allen Managing Partner shortlisted for Asian Women of Achievement Awards
Posted on: 24th March 2017
The Asian Women of Achievement Awards was founded in 1999 to celebrate multicultural Britain and the contribution of diverse cultures and talents to UK society. The awards recognise the contribution of phenomenal Asian women across the UK and celebrate the valuable impact they make to British life. They also play a key role in redefining the contribution of Asian women and informing a new, positive, pro-diversity debate.
38-year-old Vidisha Joshi was appointed Hodge Jones & Allen’s new managing partner in January 2017, making her one of the youngest lawyers in the country to run a major firm.
A personal injury solicitor, she joined the firm in 2012 to implement a new case management system across the firm’s ten departments, which she delivered in just six months, a year ahead of schedule.
A year later she was promoted to associate and after a further 12 months, to partner. In 2015, she was promoted a third time to head the firm’s largest department – personal injury – also joining the firm’s board as an equity partner.
Vidisha says, “I’m delighted to have been shortlisted for the Asian Women of Achievement Awards. It is a great honor to be recognised alongside so many high achieving women from the professions, business, science and technology, sport and a range of other industries.”
Patrick Allen, senior partner at Hodge Jones & Allen says: “In Vidisha, the firm has a great leader with the drive and determination to build on what the firm has achieved since it was set up 40 years ago. At a time when government reforms are cutting access to justice she is committed to the fight for justice for our clients by using the law to improve their lives.”
The winners will be announced at the London Park Lane Hilton hotel on Wednesday 10 May 2017.
Notes for Editors
Hodge Jones and Allen
- Hodge Jones and Allen is one of the UK’s most progressive law firms, renowned for doing things differently and fighting injustice. Its senior partner is Patrick Allen and managing partner is Vidisha Joshi.
- For almost 40 years’ the firm has been at the centre of many of the UK’s landmark legal cases that have changed the lives and rights of many people.
- The firm’s team of specialists have been operating across: Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Industrial Disease, Civil Liberties, Criminal Defence, Court of Protection, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Family Law, Military Claims, Serious Fraud, Social Housing, Wills & Probate and Property Disputes.
- Co-founder Patrick Allen is still at the helm of the firm he co-founded in 1977.
- In 2016 the firm launched Hearing their voices – a campaign to raise awareness and build conversations around the issues and the injustices we might all face.