The team provide legal advice and specialist expertise in planning and environmental law, human rights and advice on governance for charities and campaign groups.
The environmental cases they assist with include:
- Judicial reviews concerning planning law, environmental impact assessment (“EIA”) protection of the historic environment, village greens, pubs, nature conservation, local parks, nature conservation, public consultation, standards and probity.
- Advice to local authorities on a wide range of issues including air quality, nuisance, railways and airports.
- Remedies for noise, air pollution and environmental nuisance cases including bringing of private or statutory nuisance proceedings and negotiating settlements by way of mediation.
- Advice on public participation in environmental decision making, including help with formal consultation.
- Advising environmental and other campaign groups on the legal aspects of campaigns, using law to advance campaign aims, advising campaign groups on proposed changes in the law and on legal aspects of consultations.
- Supporting and advising charitable clients on the requirements of charity law, and on the role of the Charity Commission; including the regulatory powers of the Charity Commission and the Electoral Commission.
- Advising NGOs in civil cases.