You may need to take disciplinary action against a member of staff. Poor handling of the matter can result in costly and time consuming claims against the employer.
If employers fail to follow best practice and the correct procedures, then a successful claim at Employment Tribunal can increase the compensation awarded to employees by 25 per cent.
An employer ignores a grievance at its peril. If you receive a grievance from an employee, we can advise you on an appropriate response.
At Hodge Jones & Allen, we have long-standing expertise of advising employers on disciplinary and grievance procedures. Our employment lawyers can offer support and guidance on:
1. Conducting disciplinary and grievance procedures which are compliant with the law and best practice
2. Formulating and updating disciplinary procedures
3. Responding to grievances and preparing for formal grievance meetings
4. Mediation sessions
5. Appeals against grievance and disciplinary decisions
6. Preparing statements and documentation
7. Attending disciplinary meetings
We work hard to avoid claims being brought in the first place and we put you in the best position to defend claims. In such cases, it is essential that employers know their rights and obligations. With expertise in current employment laws, we empower businesses with this knowledge, and can explain all of your options, giving recommendations on how to proceed.
Our Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures specialists are part of our London based employer law team. We have almost four decades of experience helping clients from around the UK with a wide variety of legal matters. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0808 250 6017 today.