- Employment Law
- Clients’ Stories
- For Employees
- Executive Dismissals
- Bringing a Grievance
- Bullying / Harassment in the Work Place
- Discrimination Claims
- Making a Flexible Working Request
- Facing a Disciplinary Hearing
- Maternity / Paternity and Family Friendly Working
- Reviewing Employment Contracts
- Settlement Agreements
- Unfair Dismissal
- Whistle Blowing Claims
- For Employers
- Changing Terms & Conditions of Employment
- Creating and Updating Employment Contracts and Policies
- Day to Day HR Advice
- Dealing with Employee Absence
- Dealing with Flexible Working Requests
- Defending Employment Tribunal Claims
- Drafting and Enforcing Restrictive Covenants
- Employment Law Training
- Managing Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures
- Maternity/Paternity and Family Friendly Policies
- HR Health Check Service
- What’s the Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Law
- Civil Liberties
- Court of Protection Deputyship Solicitors
- Criminal Defence
- Family Law
- Wills & Probate
- Medical Negligence
- Military Claims
- Personal Injury
- Dispute Resolution
- Financial Crime and Regulatory
- Social Housing
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma
- Property Disputes
Awards & Accreditations
Employment Law Solicitors in London
During this unprecedented time that we are all facing with Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors are working hard to provide our much needed legal services with as little disruption as possible.
We have prepared COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for you
Settlement Agreement advice by telephone or video because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our expert lawyers continue to provide advice and assistance to individuals with all types of settlement agreements from the relatively straightforward to the more complex.
Dealing with a settlement agreement can be stressful enough in normal circumstances and particularly more so in light of the current situation with Coronavirus. During this time we are more than happy to advise you on the terms of the agreement by telephone or video call whenever it suits you and to work with employers to overcome logistical challenges (signing agreements, returning company property etc.)
COVID-19 does not give employers free reign to ignore employment laws and protections and it remains our priority to help you find the best resolution and outcome with as little stress as possible.
We can give advice to:
- Explain what the agreement means in plain English
- Explore your rights and entitlements and your potential losses and compensation and help you assess whether you are getting a ‘good deal’.
- Explain what your options are and the pros and cons (financial, time, stress etc.)
- Achieve terms that you are happy with
We will continue to support you from the point that you first receive the agreement right through to its signature and execution. We will bring a clear-headed professionalism to take the emotion out of this current situation to successfully conclude the matter during this difficult time.
Please call our Employment Law Team direct on 0808 239 5497 or send us an email.
Our highly regarded employment solicitors in London have been working to protect the rights of employees and employers for many years. We take a strategic approach to employment law and understand the best and most cost effective approach to resolve your employment law issue. This makes our advice more in-depth, realistic and insightful. If you would like to speak to one of our specialist team of employment solicitors call 0800 437 0322 or request a call back online.
Introduction to our Specialist Employment Law team
Our team works with all levels of employees and we have a specialist unit who deal with more senior executives and small business owners. This puts us in a unique position to understand what tactics are used on both sides and we use this experience to help our client’s position themselves to achieve the best outcome.
Guiding you through the employment law process from start to finish by your side
Some areas of employment law can be very complex, whether you are an employee with a grievance or a business in need of advice. Our specialist employment solicitors are some of the most respected in the country. As a result they are also frequently asked to comment on employment law matters in the media
Our areas of specialism include:
- High-value discrimination
- Unfair dismissal claims
- Negotiating settlement agreements
- Contract advice/review
- Policy documentation for SME’s
What should you do if you need an employment solicitor?
- Contact our team who will be able to take information from you and assess which lawyer would be best to assist with your case
- Your specialist employment solicitor will advise you on the options available and agree the best approach to take
- We will then provide you with a cost estimate for the work. Throughout the process we strive to keep your legal costs to a minimum, transparency is key to this process
- We will then focus on resolving your issue. Should we need to go to court, we have the expertise and dedication to fight your corner all the way, with a proven record of success
Our employment lawyers speak in plain English and work with you to get you the result you want.
Independently recognised as leading employment solicitors
We have been highly ranked on Legal 500 by our peers, this is because of the quality of our work and the successes we have achieved. Our solicitors are known to listen to and empathise with every client.
‘Very sympathetic and understanding’ senior associate Homa Wilson, who is ‘always one step ahead of the game’, handles complex director disputes, acts in whistleblowing claims, and negotiates high-value settlements.” Legal 500 2018
Our pragmatic advice is designed to bring about the best outcome. We do not believe in unnecessary litigation and will aim, in the first instance, to resolve issues through discussions or mediation, and often achieve substantial settlements. We understand that it’s not just about the bottom line, but also about protecting careers and reputations, and setting standards to avoid others having to go through the same.
SME Employment Solicitor Advice
We understand that as an SME you will need sound legal advice to protect the business you are working hard to build. Our solicitors will support and guide your business to help you deal with difficulties at the outset, and minimise the risk that they turn into big problems. We understand that you have limited budgets, our team are able to provide specialist advice which does not cost the earth.
We provide a HR Health check for businesses which could help you identify any gaps in your compliance with the ever-changing world of UK and EU employment laws.
Companies rely on us to advise them on:
- Performance managing underperforming employees;
- How to deal with grievances
- Legal issues surrounding disabled employees – in particular around the employers duty to make reasonable adjustments
- Preventing or defending employment tribunal claims
- Drafting contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures for the business
We can free up management time with day-to-day HR support and handle paperwork such as employment contracts and settlement agreements.
All our employment law advice is underpinned by comprehensive knowledge and commercial awareness, with our clients’ best interests at its core all within a cost conscious way. We bring guidance, support and the excellent standards needed to get the best results for you.
How much will it cost me?
We provide a fixed fee meeting, which costs £350 +VAT. The meeting will always be with an experienced solicitor. During the meeting our solicitor will assess your legal position, advise you of any claims you may have as well as the likely value (compensation you might be entitled to) of your claims and the best strategy to adopt to achieve your desired outcome. S/he will answer any questions you have.
The meeting will last 1 hour. After the meeting, you will receive written advice.
Going forward we with then provide costs for each stage of the process at an agreed rate.
The employment team at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors has extensive knowledge and has worked across many sectors, from both an employer and employee perspective, and we offer extremely competitive fees and a first rate service – as confirmed by our client testimonials. To contact the team please call us on 0800 437 0322 or request a call back online.