Tips on preventing accidents
Posted on 17th August 2016
Wednesday, 17th August 2016 is Injury Prevention Day.
During the summer months many more families will be heading out to the countryside to make the most of the sunshine and the great outdoors!
Sadly, our team deals with various injuries during the summer caused by negligence which include road traffic and cycling accidents, burns and playground accidents.
Whilst it is easy to have fun, remember to take care to avoid injury. Here are some suggested preventative measures you can take:
- Ensure children are supervised at all times, but especially near lakes and ponds where the water depth could be such that if a child were to fall in, it could cause serious injury.
- If you are having a family barbecue, make sure that you never leave this unattended and ensure the flames are extinguished fully at the end of the day. Ensure food is thoroughly cooked to avoid food poisoning.
- Take a first aid kit with you with plasters, bandages and anti septic wipes.
- Take care to ensure children play safely on any playground equipment and avoid climbing trees and fences which could result in serious injury.
- Make sure to read any warning signs and abide by any rules in countryside parks.
- Ensure you pack plenty of sunscreen and sit in the shade to avoid sunstroke and sunburn. Keep hydrated.
- Be careful to avoid poisonous plants and berries.
Every day too many people are needlessly injured because others did not take, or sometimes could not be bothered to take, proper care. Our team know all too well how people’s lives can be shattered through no fault of their own. You can have fun and take care too!
Our Personal Injury Solicitors are backed by nearly four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of London Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving favourable client outcomes. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0808 250 6017 today.